10 : Echoes

Glynda bent downwards, scraping the ashy remains of the unfortunate soul.

"He's lost control of his powers!?" Ironwood exclaimed. He quickly saw Ozpin and Glynda glance at each other, a worried look spread across both of their faces.

"This isn't the first time, isn't it Ozpin?" In reply, Ozpin shook his head.

"This is, in fact, the third time."

"The third!?" Ironwood exclaimed as he suddenly began noticing the leaking red liquid from everywhere around them.

"I never knew that he was capable..... of this." Ironwood stated again, turning around multiple times and registering the massive amount of dead organisms.

"We knew." Ozpin's said as he continued forward.

"This amount of dead bodies...... the blood leaking everywhere........ just how vicious is he!?"

---

Clyde struck out, his scythe's bladed edge painfully ripping the small dear in half. I'm He then quickly turned around, slashing open a tree.

"Anything that moves..... kill it....."  a voice in his mind said.

"Anything that moves...... killed Sasha......." The voice continued.

"Killed...... Sasha........."

"Yes........ it is your turn to stop him." Another voice suddenly broke into his mind, a voice that he so dearly missed.

"Clyde, promise me before you leave...... that you'll come back to stop him." His mother's voice projected throughout his mind. The top of the walls of Vacuo were suddenly in view, drawing the walking mindless machine of destruction.

"Stop...... him......." Clyde whispered, the flames dying down before he suddenly collapsed forward, falling face-first into the dirt.

---

"We must hurry. He will stop at nothing until....." Ozpin said, trailing off.

"Until what?" Ironwood asked. Glynda suddenly noticed the pained look on Ozpin's face.

"Until there is nothing." Glynda replied, turning around and walking in the direction of Vacuo.

---

"Did it work, Miss Cinder?" Emerald asked tentatively.

"Of course. However, because of that meddling woman, he's fallen unconscious before he could breach the walls." Cinder replied. Mercury suddenly made his presence known, his loud mouth blabbering out of control yet again.

"Is it really alright if you take control of your younger brother? I mean, doesn't that sound a little too boring just to make him break walls?" Mercury asked. Emerald motioned for him to stop, catuisouly backing away from Cinder.

"What was that?" Cinder asked, smiling as she crushed a can in her hands.

"Umm..... uh...... nothing?" Mercury replied, completely terrified.

"No no, please continue. You're making my plans seem like a figure of your imagination that just aren't big enough for you." Her smile suddenly dropped, a sinister and dangerous look in her eyes.

"You would do well to hold your tongue."

---

Glynda suddenly spotted his dark blue hair at the end of the blazing trail he'd left behind.

"Ozpin...." she breathed, stopping in her tracks. Ozpin suddenly walked in front of her, closing the distance between him and the unconscious Clyde.

"We should take him back to Vale. I doubt that his father will find him if he thinks he is dead." Ozpin's said, lifting Clyde's arm onto his shoulder. Ironwood, help me. Glynda, clear the path. We must make haste."

---

Glynda had just killed the last remaining Grimm that blocked their path, scoffing as the beast withered away.

The bullhead was still on the ground, in the clearing they had landed in earlier. The previous green field was now caked in black and red as Grimm swarmed the bullhead. Luckily, Ironwood's men were able to hold without Glynda and Ozpin.

After killing the remaining Grimm and leaving aboard the bullhead, Glynda suddenly received a call in her scroll.

"This is professor Goodwitch speaking." Glynda answered.

"Hello there, Wanda. It's been a long time." A familiar female voice said.

Glynda suddenly dropped her scroll.

"Sasha!?" She exclaimed. Her voice suddenly echoed throughout the bullhead.