26 : Atlas

----

Qrow dashed through the woods, his crow wings elegantly soaring through the skies. The sun had set many hours ago, but Qrow couldn't afford to settle down for a camp. He had to get to Atlas, to keep Weiss safe. In his crow form, he'd be there within another hour of flying. His small red eyes suddenly spotted a bright, almost violent blue light making its way to Atlas.

"Clyde." Qrow said as he transformed into a human again. He landed on the ground, his pupils searching the dark floor for any hint of a stick or branch. In the dim moonlight that cascaded from the bright, looming figure in the sky, he easily found several sticks he could use to start a fire. He quickly lit the pile of sticks, a fire roaring to life.

"Oh well. Might as well.... get some.... rest." Qrow said, nodding off as he sat up against a tree trunk near his fire.

---

Qrow awoke again in the morning, yawning as he stretched his limbs out. He stood up slowly, cracking his neck as his eyes suddenly gazed upon the flaking ruins of Atlas.

"What the-" An image of Weiss suddenly appeared in his mind, causing him to take flight and hastily fly the remaining distance. He landed at the grand entrance, the golden metallic doors having been burned down and blown open. He examined the gates once more before taking off for Schnee Manors. He was attacked by several unfortunate Grimm, an unlucky event for the poor beasts. He'd killed them all easily, then continued on his way as if they never appeared. He suddenly stopped, gaping at Schnee Manors. Or at least what was left of it.

Schnee Manors had been blown to bits, rubble and broken glass lining the floor. Qrow noted that burn marks scorched many of the pieces of debris.

"It's been a while, Qrow." A male voice said behind him.

"Xander." Qrow breathed as he turned around, facing Clyde's older brother.

"She's safe, don't worry. I've moved her out of Atlas, into Vacuo. To keep her safe. Clyde got here yesterday and asked where she was. That was when the Grimm attacked. We fought as hard as we could, but even Atlas wasn't safe from the attack." Xander explained before walking up to Qrow.

"Clyde is in Atlas Academy right now, preparing."

"For what!?" Qrow replied.

"Dragon Swarm."

---

"They've already taken over three of our reminding outposts. We only have one left. Not to mention the Grimm still inside the city." General Duke Howser said sternly. Five people, including Clyde, stood over a war table that digitally displayed Atlas and the surrounding area. Bright glowing lights that illuminated the field here and there were outposts, set up as warning posts. Duke had grey hair, silver eyes, andesdily towered over everyone else at the war meeting.

"I wonder why they're here." General Loki seethed, glaring angrily at Clyde. Loki himself looked to not be much of a challenge. Small stature, horrible posture. To some, he didn't even resemble a general.

"Calm down, Loki. He did not bring them." General Van Lich replied calmly. Loki suddenly slammed his palms on the table, causing the digital display to falter and disappear for a brief moment before returning.

"He did too! As soon as he got here, those beasts attacked!" Loki shouted at Van Lich, the tall and handsome blonde general.

"Do not point your finger at me." Van Lich said calmly. He then nodded his head I the direction of Clyde. "Nor him. Had it not been for he and his brother, we would have lost koe than just one-quarter of the city. And remember, he saved your wife."

"Not before she lost her legs." Ironwood suddenly walked into the room, an instant silence suddenly dawning.

"The two of you can continue to have your little skirmish outside if you wish. This is a war room. We are here to communicate War plans against the enemy, not against ourselves. I expected better." Ironwood said before pointing to the farthest remaining outpost.

"This is outpost Georgia. It remains as our last outlying outpost. We need to protect it. Have the army centralize there. As for the Grimm inside the city, I'm sure I can deal with them." Ironwood said before turning back towards the door he had come from.

"Ironwood." Clyde said suddenly. Ironwood turned around, patiently waiting for his question.

"The whole time I've been here, I haven't once heard plans of evacuating the city. We need to get these people out before more of those beasts get in." Clyde said sternly. General Loki suddenly dived back into the conversation.

"Are you saying you're not confident in the Atlas' Army Corps?" Loki accused. Clyde glared back at him before answering.

"You lost one fourth of the city. To grunts. We'll lose much more than just the city if you don't evacuate the civilians."

"That is for the generals to decide." Ironwood said before continuing to walk back towards the door.

"Remember Clyde, you are a war hero. Not a general."

---

Glynda grabbed her Riding Crop, the magical wand that withheld her powers and made sure that she couldn't kill anyone on accident. She looked at it for a brief second, as if it's texture was foreign to her. She took in a deep breath, preparing herself to release the seal. A black glyph suddenly appeared on her wand, its diameter only slightly larger than the wand itself. The glyph suddenly turned white as Glynda took in another deep breath, closing her eyes. The glyph then disappeared, cracking and shattering into thin air. She opened her eyes again.

Her eyes suddenly turned from the color emerald to a sickly blood red. Luckily, she was already outside the walls of Vacuo which meant her power wouldn't kill anyone. She then turned towards Atlas, the industrial kingdom that was closer to Vacuo than any of the other kingdoms.

A black swarm was in the skies, launching their ferocious attacks against the kingdom. Glynda suddenly kept her power in check, turning back to enter Vacuo.

It was time for Weiss' appearance on the battlefield again.