18 : Death Of The Reaper

A/N Changed the title of the chapter

Glynda recoiled from the slash, retreating several steps behind her. Her right hand was placed on the chest wound that had gone between her breasts, attempting to stop the blood flow. She took in a heavy sigh before raising her left hand, her Riding Crop being held by her fingertips. She fired another pink blast, watching as the burst of energy suddenly exploded in contact again. Her eyes anxiously watched the smoke before ducking, narrowly dodging Clyde's slash. She then was knocked away by Clyde's kick to her lower rib cage.

---

Ozpin quickly activated his own barrier, a light green force field suddenly colliding with Drako's destructive energy.

"I suggest you think about what you're doing, Drako. Continuing to attack me would be a declaration of war." Ozpin said, emitting a shockwaves of energy that forced Drako back.

"You know as well as I do, Ozpin. Actions speak louder than words." Drako replied, spitting to his right before activating his electric semblance again, the aura appearing around him.

"Very well then. War it is." Ozpin replied, his own semblance suddenly becoming active. A glowing green light suddenly appeared around Ozpin, enhancing his physical capabilities.

"War it is." Drako responded, charging yet again. An explosion behind Ozpin suddenly stopped Drako's charge, drawing the two's attention. Dust covered the hallway, preventing the two from seeing who was attacking. However, a pair of evil red eyes glared at them through the dust.

Glynda struggled to lift herself off the floor, several more minor cuts having been made on her lower rib cage. She was suddenly picked up by her attacker, a hand grabbing at her hair.

"Didn't you want me dead?" the voice asked before laughing.

"Clyde."

Ozpin suddenly turned his entire body in Clyde's direction.

"So. You've come back once again, Dark." Ozpin asked Clyde's body. Clyde suddenly dropped Glynda, who landed painfully on the ground, before losing his confident smile.

"Ozpin? It's been what..... 13 years since we last saw each other?" Clyde asked.

"I suppose. My memory is somewhat foggy, as the only event I can recount of is you ruthlessly murdering Sasha." Ozpin replied. He glared angrily at Clyde's body, his cane suddenly forward.

"Ruthlessly?" Clyde suddenly laughed. The dust began settling, revealing his blackened aura.

"That's a little... extreme, wouldn't you say?" Clyde suddenly lifted the scythe, pointing the end of the pole at Ozpin.

"Now do you believe me?" Drako said, standing next to Ozpin. Clyde suddenly laughed, as if attempting to strike fear and uncertainty into their hearts.

"We can talk after this is over." Ozpin replied.

"What makes you think I will help you?" Drake asked, glancing at Ozpin.

"If you don't, everyone in Vacuo will die. Even I am no match for him alone." Ozpin said, his gaze not moving an inch from Clyde's scythe. Glynda's hand suddenly grabbed Clyde's ankle, holding on fiercely.

"Clyde..." she breathed, the blood loss weakening her. Clyde responded by kicking her hand away, stepping on it afterwards. She screamed in pain, attempting to lift his foot with her free hand.

Clyde's own gaze lingered on the injured Glynda before raising the scythe, preparing to end her life.

Drako looked to Ozpin who had suddenly lowered his cane. At first, he was confused. Why would Ozpin lower his cane, thereby lowering his own defense, against an enemy even he cannot defeat alone?

Then Drako suddenly looked back at Clyde, noticing that the scythe had clattered to the ground.

The red glare from Clyde's disappeared as did the black aura. He suddenly knelt down and picked up Glynda in his own arms, gently holding her up.

"I.....did this?" Clyde asked as she lost consciousness.

---

Several days had past since their trip to Vacuo, and as such Ozpin had given the small facility to Leona to use. She'd just moved the kids and any of her belongings into the large house when someone knocked on the metallic door.

"Clyde." She said as she opened the door quickly. The children were all asleep, being that it was very late at night.

"Leo." Clyde said, offering a hug. Leo hesitated before returning his gesture. His grip was tighter than usual, she noticed. Was something wrong?

"Is something... wrong, Clyde?" Leona asked once the hug was broken.

"Yeah. Something is very wrong Clyde replied, quickly drawing his scythe. He pointed the blade at her, his blue eyes suddenly turning red.

"Very wrong." He said, almost angrily. He moved closer to her, forcing her to slowly back up in response.

"What are you...?" Leona began before Clyde tipped the scythe, pointing the bladed edge back at him.

"Keep this away from me. No matter what I do, don't give it back." Clyde asked, offering the handle to her. Leona's brown eyes hesitated at this.

"What happened?" The blonde asked as she suddenly noticed Clyde's teary eyes.

"I... I used this scythe to... injure Glynda." Clyde replied, dropping it and allowing it to clatter to the ground.

"I'm never holding it again."