27 : Dragons

Clyde used his scythe to slash one of the dragons in half. The majority of of the dragons were smaller than the one that attacked Vale, thankfully. Clyde looked up at the sky, filled with Dragons.

"One down, 2,000 more to go." He said to himself before launching himself up into the air again.

---

Weiss sat aboard the bullhead, gently caressing the flat side of Myrtenaster, her rapier.

"Weiss." Glynda called out suddenly. The young heiress gulped to herself before looking up at her former professor.

"Yes?" She replied.

"When we arrive, I'll keep the dragons at bay. You prepare yourself and strike hand there's an opportunity." Glynda ordered. Weiss shakily nodded her head.

"Do not feel nervous, what we are about to do is simple." Weiss shook her head at this.

"Killing the Queen Of Grimm is not simple." She replied.

----

Ozpin lazily opened his eyes, glancing at the ceiling above him. He groaned as he sat up, throwing the blanket off of him and onto the ground. His brown eyes suddenly landed on the beautiful female sitting in a chair next to him.

"How did you miss those shots?" Ozpin asked her, lowering his head for a brief second.

"How did you get so injured?" Cinder shot back, smiling.

"It's been a long time, Ozzy." Cinder said, grabbing his hand. Ozpin gently wrapped his fingers around her hand, feeling the familiar warmth.

"It has, Sasha. It has." He said, looking up at her.

"I'm sorry." Sasha said, apologizing.

"It wasn't your fault." Sasha shook her head, confusing Ozpin.

"I'm sorry for everything."

"You're forgiven"

----

Clyde angrily slashed another dragon in half. He then quickly leaped off one of the halves, using his scythe to cut the wing off another dragon.

He looked to his left, noticing that a bullhead was approaching the city. Before the bullhead could land, a dragon's fireball crashed into it, lights the aircraft on fire and sending it spiraling to the ground.

"Glynda was on that ship." Clyde breathed before launching himself into the air again. Salem was on a dragon high above the skies, nearly hidden among the clouds. Nearly.

"Glynda." Clyde thought to himself as he slashed another dragon's leg off, then using that dragon to climb into the air.

"Glynda." Clyde was suddenly enveloped in an aura of blue flames, his scythe also being swallowed.

"Glynn." Clyde suddenly crashed onto the back of the dragon Salem stood atop of. He'd lost all reasoning yet again, his power rising to its max.

"Dark. I need to talk to you." Clyde said in his mind. When no response came, he suddenly became terrified.

"Dark. Please."

"What is it this time!? Don't beg me. It makes us look weak."

"Want to make a deal?"

Dark Clyde laughed manically as he laid eyes on Salem, landing on the back of the dragon she stood on. Salem already had her sword equipped, readying herself to engage in battle.

"Hello, Mother. Ready to meet the god who made you?"

---

Glynda used her semblance to shove off the debris of the bullhead. Smoke and burning metal surrounded her and Weiss who were both shielded by Glynda.

"Professor Goodwitch, are you-" Weiss began.

"Hush, child. Remember what I said."

---

Dark Clyde smiled maliciously as he traded blows with Salem. She was still wounded from her previous fight with Ozpin, but Dark Clyde wasn't paying attention to that. All he cared about was killing Salem.

"Your power is.... On another level than before." Salem commented as the two broke off a confrontation with their weapons.

"Naturally, mother. After all, you created me with the intent to become stronger after every wound." Dark Clyde replied, dropping his guard.

"It seems you still have much to learn." Salem replied as she dashed forward, taking advantage of his missing guard-stance.

"And it seems you've grown naive." Clyde said as the black pupil receded from one eye. Now, only his left eye was completely black. Clyde's voice had also transformed from the warped, terrifying tone from before into a fused voice, as if both Clydes were talking at the same time.

Clyde suddenly dropped down, kicking Salem in the gut and sending her flying away from him.

"You've..... Merged!?" Salem said as she slowly stood back to her feet, climbing up from the back of the dragon they were fighting on.

"More like come to an agreement." The Clydes replied before quickly launching Clyde at her, the scythe in the air behind him.

---

"They're fighting atop a dragon!?" Glynda exclaimed. Weiss looked up, noticing the explosions coming from the back of a dragon that soared higher than the remaining dragons.

"Interesting."

---

Clyde suddenly swung upwards with his scythe, landing a deep gash on Salem's right shoulder. He then jumped into the air, falling farther away from Salem as the dragon suddenly dove towards the ground.

"Woah!" Clyde exclaimed, sticking his scythe into the beast and using it to stay attached as the dragon flew towards the ground. The dragon suddenly flew back up into the air, likely diving in order to aid Salem.

"Nice, can't fight on your own." Clyde said as the dragon stabilized.

"That does not matter. What matters is victory. And I, for one, have never been defeated." Salem said as a dark energy suddenly enveloped her bone-like sword.

"You will soon." Salem said as she swung her sword, firing a wave of black energy at Clyde.

---

Glynda watched as an explosion sounded from the top of the dragon. The dragon roared in pain as a battle of black and blue suddenly erupted.

"Clyde!?" Glynda said aloud.