8 : Sickness

Clyde had been killing Grimm for hours, telling the bullhead pilot to leave without him. He'd arrived at the Nevermore Forest only an hour ago, and yet the Grimm in the area were starting to congregate around him.

"Clyde." Someone said behind him.

"Leave, Sash." Clyde replied, slashing the throat of a Beowulf hoping to launch a surprise attack.

"I should say the same to you."  Sasha responded, walking close to him.

"Why are you out here, Clyde? We really should head to Beacon. You know that Grimm are far more fericous at night." Sasha said in her usual positive tone. In response, Clyde held his phone out and gave it to Sasha. She cautiously took the phone, quickly glancing at the screen. She instantly saw Glynda and Darius eating each others faces off, still fully clothed.

"Clyde...... why do you have a recording of this?" Sasha asked.

"Live feed." Clyde replied.

"Its not a live feed. I just saw Glynda before I took a bullhead here. She said she was going to sleep. Ozpin is with her." Sasha said.

"Someone sent you a video tape."

---

The next day, Glynda had gone once again on another date with Darius. Clyde on the other hand did almost the exact pomposity, sleeping in all day. Before he knew it, the nighttime of Saturday was upon him.

But then someone opened the door, walking in quietly as Sasha and Ozpin weren't in the room.

Clyde sat up, his eyes drawn to the large purple mark on Glynda's face. He quickly jumped out of his bed and moved to her, cupping her injured cheek gently.

"He.... hit you?" Clyde asked quietly. Glynda nodded her head, her eyes glancing down to her left as if she'd lost the courage she had eluded before.

"I told you so." Clyde said before quickly brushing past her.

"Clyde! Where are you going!?" Glynda called out behind him. He kept his back to her, but he responded by pointing his thumb downwards and extending his arm.

---

"The rest is history." Ozpin said, standing from his small chair.

"Professor..... did Clyde and Glynda ever....?" Weiss asked.

"Of course. However.... that was short lived."

---

Clyde woke to the sound of his scroll blaring, the annoying sound suddenly drawing his attention.

"Hello?" He sleepily answered.

"Good morning, Clyde." Clyde groaned slightly, hearing Ozpin's voice.

"What is it this time?" He asked.

"Glynda is sick. She couldn't come in to teach today."

"So what? Want me to teach her class?" Clyde replied. Ozpin scoffed to himself in response.

"I already know how you would teach them. No, I do not want you to teach the class, Glynda specifically asked me to. However, I would like you to check on her. Although she dismissed it, her sickness might have struck again." Ozpin said suddenly, his voice taking on a serious tone.

"..... I'll see." Clyde replied, having up the scroll and quickly dressing himself.

---

Glynda clutched the blankets closer to her chest and body, shivering to herself. This wasn't normal, as even though the harsh winter raged on, her apartment was sealed off from the outside.