12 : Settling The Score

Clyde quickly ducked, pulling Glynda down with him as her window was suddenly shattered by a flash grenade. He covered Glynda's eyes, closing his as the grenade released a blinding flash of light. He then pulled her towards the doorway, quickly shoving her through the frame and running with her.

"Get to Ozpin!" Clyde shouted, suddenly turning around as they reached a corner.

"What!?" Glynda exclaimed, breathing heavily.

"Go!" Clyde shouted back, pulling his scythe out and standing in the middle of the hallway.

"I'll hold them here." Clyde said as he heard the footsteps nearing. Glynda quickly bolted away, running for Beacon and Ozpin's office. She suddenly got the idea that he may not be there, so she stopped at the lobby. She'd left her scroll in her apartment earlier due to the surprise, and as such she didn't have anything to call him with. She quickly pulled the lobby attendant's scroll and called Ozpin, willing him to pick up.

---

Ozpin, Glynda, and Sasha eventually caught up to Clyde but by then it was too late. His anger had gotten to him, causing him to lose control of himself again. His semblance was suddenly activating, but just like last time, the flames didn't burn anyone. Rather, they were just for show.

Sasha was the first to reach Daina, who had blood seeping for many bullet wound in her lower rib cage. The shooters were members of the Anti-Faunus movement, "The Black Claw". Sasha caught a glimpse of Clyde's eyes as he slowly walked forward. What she saw terrified her. His eyes had drifted from the perfect sapphire into a much more vicious red.

Clyde suddenly rushed forward, reaching the six members in the blink of an eye.

---

"This is headmaster Ozpin." Ozpin answered blankly. He was greeted by Glynda

"Ozpin.... Vacuan Spies." Glynda breathed, her gasps becoming harsh.

"Where?"

"They were near my apartment." Glynda said, turning around as explosions sounded behind her, in the front gates of Beacon.

"But they're here now." Glynda said, quickly hanging up the call and leaving to assist Clyde.

---

"Black Claw? More like Black Ash." Clyde said as he walked away from a smoking pile of ash.

"That was..... rather vicious, even for you." A younger Ozpin said, crossing his arms as Clyde walked to him.

"How's Daina?" Clyde asked, stopping in his tracks. Ozpin faltered slightly. He couldn't tell him. The look in his eye was that he wanted good news, not the horrible news.

"Just a flesh wound. She'll be fine, but they're having her stay in the hospital for a while." Ozpin answered, turning around and walking towards Beacon.

"We should go before any witnesses show up." Ozpin said, signaling to the empty street. What Clyde said next froze Ozpin in his tracks.

"She died, didn't she?"

"You don't remember anything?" Ozpin asked, surprised.

"Just the last few seconds of the fight. Why? Did something else happen?" Clyde asked, confused. Ozpin's facial expression was telling him that.

"Clyde..... Sasha tried stopping you. You...... couldn't control yourself..... the flames..... the flames burnt her to death." J

---