20 : The Fall Of Vale (Part 1)

I'm sorry about this super late update! In return, I've made my best attempt at making this chapter longer!

Comment and tell me what you think!

---

Clyde was far away from Vale, the large kingdom in view. He was standing in a green clearing that was surrounded by trees, on a separate mountain from the one Vale stood atop of. He effortlessly tore through three beowolves with his sword, casually strutting past the decaying corpses. Fall was beginning to set in, the leaves turning orange and falling from their sky-high throne. He suddenly turned around, facing the immense pressure he was sensing.

"Who are you?" Clyde asked, noticing that the leaves had frozen in the air, as if time had stopped. A cloaked figure suddenly walked out of the treeline.

"You poor soul.... I can sense your sadness as if you were practically speaking it aloud." The figure said. Clyde noted that she had a feminine body, the cloak wrapping itself just above her chest.

"I asked once. I won't ask again after this. Who. Are. You?" Clyde asked again, activating his semblance. For some reason, his muscles tightened themselves. He felt his legs suddenly tense up, his arms locking themselves in a defensive position.

"You don't have to worry about me. For now, you should worry about Beacon. Here. These are her plans." The figure suddenly threw a folder filled with papers at Clyde.

"Who's plans?"

"Your sister's." The look the female figure recieved suddenly made her chuckle to herself.

"When I unpause time, return to Beacon as fast as possible. Ozpin and the students are in trouble." The figure suddenly turned around, walking back towards the treeline.

"Why should I believe you?" Clyde asked, stopping her.

"Open the folder." She replied, smiling to herself. Clyde did so, gently opening the papers. A small white rose sat in between the papers, flattened perfectly. Clyde's eyes widened.

"Summer?" Clyde breathed, looking up. He noticed that the leaves had continued falling, Time suddenly moving at normal pace again. An explosion behind him suddenly drew his attention back towards Beacon.

"Crab baskets." Clyde suddenly activated his semblance, rushing back to Beacon as fast as possible.

---

Weiss and her team were already at the hole in the wall, fending off the Grimm.

"They just keep coming!" Yang complained, knocking an Ursa into the air for Blake to stab and kill. The cat faunus landed just in front of Yang, her sword already out of the demon-bear's back.

"Where's Ruby?" Blake asked, suddenly looking around and noting the missing presence of their leader.

"Ruby!?" Yang shouted, suddenly turning in all directions. Weiss quickly dashed forward, stabbing and killing a beowulf.

"Forget Ruby! She'll be fine. For now, we need to hold these monsters at bay." Weiss said, creating a glyph underneath her and readying herself. The broken wall still held dust inside of it, probably created from the explosion. The dust hid the mass amount of Grimm, but their glowing red eyes were still easily noticeable.

"Still, the number of Grimm inside the wall is lessening. Either we're winning or-"

"Or Ruby's outside the wall."

---

Ruby slashed Crescent Rose in all directions, killing several beowolves and Ursi. She had created a small space for her to breathe, allowing her to drop to one knee and take in some severely needed breaths of air.