24 : The Beginning Of The End

-20 Years Into The Future-

An old woman sat in the plush velvet chair beside her granddaughter's bed. The young girl came running into the room, eagerly jumping into the bed that she sat in front of.

"Hey grandma Glynda!" The young girl exclaimed.

"Hello, Emilia." Glynda's old voice replied.

"When is Mama going to come home?" She asked.

"I am not sure." Glynda replied, gently pushing Emilia's head back onto her pillow. Someone knocked on the door.

"Here comes Grandpa." Glynda said, turning as the Grandpa walked into the room. He sat down next to Glynda, his smile missing several teeth now.

"You know, I remember when we were as energetic as she was, Glynn."

---

Ozpin's attack collided with Salem, a massive explosion suddenly occurring. Ozpin dropped to the ground, all of his aura gone. He'd invested all of his power into that attack, and as such he himself felt out of breath and exhausted. Easy prey for Cinder once she recovered.

Dark Clyde smiled.

"Another one bites the dust!" He chimed, happily before leaping towards Glynda.

---

Leona felt her heart drop as she saw the explosion.

"That's not Clyde, right?" She breathed to herself.

"It can't be. He'd never lose to Dark Clyde." Leona finished, picking up her shield and walking towards the explosion.

---

Ozpin, however weak he had become after his attack, was suddenly pulled back into the time where he had seen Clyde leave Leona's new building that was on Beacon's campus. He had merely noted that Clyde himself was leaving, but he almost missed the obvious detail.

Dark Clyde's aura was around Clyde, indicating that Dark Clyde had visited Leona instead of Clyde.

Ozpin slowly pulled himself off the ground, his arms feeling like they were made of water. Clyde had attacked Glynda and Sasha was..... Gone. She'd disappeared. Again.

---

Glynda used her semblance to uproot a nearby tree and used it to intercept Clyde. Dark Clyde easily swung his arm, breaking the tree with the scythe.

"Weak!" Dark Clyde shouted, continuing to rush forward. Glynda suddenly fell down, exhaustion setting in. Blood trickled down from her lip as she took in several deep breaths.

"I can't.... Keep this up.... Much longer...." Glynda breathed. Ozpin's voice suddenly broke into her tired mind, surprisingly.

"Don't be afraid. You are the only one who can return him to normal. Think about it. Why does he keep attacking you? It's because you ca-" Ozpin was suddenly cut off by Clyde's scythe making a sickening sound as it dug itself into his chest.

"Oz.....pin....." Glynda breathed, watching as his body fell over.

"He was annoying anyway." Clyde said, walking to Ozpin's unconscious body and pulling the scythe out.

"You..." Glynda slowly stood up behind him, her riding crop in hand.

"I will...."

"You'll what, sweetheart? Swing the wand and magically wish me away? You must have a lot of confidence in Clyde. Too bad. He lost. To me." Dark Clyde said, smiling.