Chapter 1 Regrets

Nastu POV

I still regret that day..

*flashback*

It all started with a mission team Natsu took. It was an ordinary slaying a vicious beast. Nothing the team couldn't handle. I think Erza noticed I was acting off. I didn't fight as much as usual with Gray. I was quiet. I was not my usual self. I had my reason though. Because when I am back in the guild hall I will finally confess my feelings for him. I finally have the courage for it, to say I love you to Gray. The mission was easy. After we killed the beast and went back to the station Erza asked the question everyone was wondering. I guess.

"Everything alright Natsu? You're acting strange."  Erza said. This got me out off thoughts  "Uu. Uhm yea I'm alright."  I didn't sound convincing though. "Yo flamebrain. Did the heat hit your head finally?" "Haha.. funny Gray. But I'm not in the mood right now."  This statement was so unlike me. The whole team looked at me like I was an alien. I was speeding up as we were walking, so this trip would come sooner at an end as possible. Lucy walked next to me and whispered "Are you really alright Natsu. I mean you don't act like your usual self." I sighed. "No you are right. I am just very nervous." "Nervous? Why would you be nervous?"  "Aaargh. Just never mind." Lucy gave me a curious look. "Okay if you say so. If you want to talk about it let me know. I am there for you. You know that right?" "Yeah. Thanks Lucy." She smiled at me. The train ride was awful. Gray didn't stop bothering me with question. I couldn't answer because I was puking all over the place. Lucy knew she had to stop asking about it, so she was talking non stop to Erza. Happy was eating a fish which only made mine stomach ache more. Not the greatest story of my life. So I continue when we are almost at the guildhall.

I started to get more nervous each step I got closer to the guildhall. Come on Natsu chill. Just say I love you. That isn't a big deal. You are going to be fine. Just say it. When we enter the guildhall with not me bursting in as usual, but Erza who went straight to master office to tell about the mission, that was already different. Lucy said hello to Mira. I was alone with Gray. Perfect timing. "G-Gray...I want to tell you something important." Gray turned around. "So what do you want to tell me flamebrain." "I.. I- " before I can continue Juvia came running towards Gray. "GRAY-SAMA.. WELCOME BACK!" She screamed and hugged the life out of Gray.. well almost. My heart was aching at the scene. Come Natsu have courage and continue. "G-gray. I want to tell you something." "Sorry Natsu it have to wait. I first want to announce something. After that I will listen okay." "Yeah fine." Gray got on one of the tables and yelled "Everyone I want to make an announcement."  I was curious. The guild was silent. "SO WHAT IS IT" Yelled someone. "Juvia and I are dating." After that everything went silent for me. I was too late. My heart broke at that statement. I froze on the spot. Everyone was around Gray and Juvia. Everyone was cheering for them and telling them congrats. I couldn't take it anymore. So I ran away. Away from my guild. Away from my love. Away from Gray..