Chapter 27: Standoff

**Nathan**

"Well, now that we have that settled, is there anything else someone would like to discuss?" Mr. B asks us.

We had just decided that it would be ok to date Peanut, as long as we don't push her. I can't see how jealousy won't be an issue, but right now that's not my main concern. I like her sure, but I haven't really gotten any alone time with her except for that day in the pool. Not having any classes with her puts me at an even bigger disadvantage, not that that's stopped North. He couldn't stop talking about his "Sang Baby" today in class. If I want anytime with Sang, I'm gonna have to step up. I know that Luke took her out the other day. And Gabe had all that time with her on Halloween. I really need to get my shit together.

"I think we should put in for adoption, she's definitely academy material." I hear North tell Mr. Blackbourne.

"I agree that she does seem to be exceptionally gifted, and willing to help. If there are no objections, I can put in for a formal adoption tomorrow morning. Although we would be cutting it a little close, tomorrow night is stage 1."

We all seal the vote by saying "I am willing and I will obey" and it's official, welcome to the family Peanut.

"If there is nothing else?" Mr. B looks around at us. "Good. Mr. Morgan, would you care to get Miss. Sorenson? I'm sure she's hungry by now."

"No problem Mr. B."

Victor goes upstairs to grab Peanut, just as the front door opens and the Toma Team walks in with Kayli. Oh boy. Here comes trouble.

**North**

When I see Axel walk in with Kayli and his team, I just about lose it. What kinda game is he playing at? I refuse to let Kayli see Sang Baby when she's so vulnerable. I didn't even get to see her when I came in, but if she's still anything like how she was this morning, it's a done deal. I won't let her cause my baby any more hurt than she already has.

"What the hell is she doing here Axel?" I ask him while getting up from my place at the table.

"She's a guest here, and will be treated as such." Axel replies.

"Well guest or not, I don't want her near Sang." I tell him, getting in his face.

"She's her friend." He tells me, not moving. "She has just as much of a right to see Sang as you do."

"More so." I hear her mumble.

"Should've thought about being her friend before you caused her unnecessary pain." I say looking towards her.

"Guys, Princess is still sleeping..." I hear Victor announce as he comes down the stairs. He stops short when he sees Kayli in the hallway. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to apologize. I have every right to see my friend!"

"Den eísai fílos tou Aggele Mou. (You are no friend of my angel.)" Silas spits out.

"Watch it Greek boy!" She yells.

"I think you're the one who needs to watch it." I tell her menacingly, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Are you threatening her?" Brandon asks me while taking up the side to her left.

"You know me better than that." I tell him with a glance. "I don't do threats."