Chapter 29: Healthy Distractions

**It would seem that I can be talked into extra chapter. Hope you enjoy!**

**Kayli**

Waking up to a dim, empty room, wasn't the best feeling ever. After the guys so valiantly decided my fate to be wooed, I asked Brandon if he could find a way to get my keys. I realized that Sang was right when she said I didn't sleep in my own bed much anymore, so I decided to rectify that. Truthfully, I was hoping that Sang would be here so we could talk, but here I am, waking up in my room, alone. My bed felt different too. Probably from me not really paying attention to how it felt on the nights when I did sleep in it. If I made it back to my room at all this past week after hanging out with the guys, it'd be really late and I'd just knock out. Sang was always here for me though. I guess I've been kind of taking her for granted. Well not anymore! That all changes...just as soon as I figure out how to get her to talk to me.

**Corey**

I know that Kayli was still a little unsure about everything that happened the last couple days, so being the good friend that I am, I decided to try and cheer her up. I get us tickets to see Suicide Squad, thinking the slight comedy aspect will be good for her, and made reservations at a quaint little Spanish restaurant not far from campus. I've been there a few times and their food is pretty good. Kayli isn't too picky about anything she eats, so I hope she'll like it. I go take a shower and get ready for the day, before going downstairs to the cafe to get breakfast for Kayli and I. I've got some cheering up to do.

**Kayli**

I've been laying in my bed feeling sorry for myself for over an hour now, when there's a knock on my door. I'm tempted to just leave it. I know it's not Sang, and she's the only person I want to talk to right now. The knock sounds again and I hide under the covers, maybe if I'm really quiet they'll go away. Who could it be anyway? I told the guys that I wanted this time to myself, time to reflect...time to wallow in self-pity at what my life has become without my best friend. The knocking grew more insistent and I idly wondered why they didn't just call my phone.

"Alright already, hold your horses!" I shout at the offending door.

I shove the covers off of me and throw open the door, meeting the annoyingly cheerful face of my little nerdling.

"Looks like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He comments with a slight frown. "I bought breakfast."

I look down at the package in his hand, and back up to his puppy dog eyes. I could never say no to him. I leave the door open and walk back to my bed, plopping down in a very unlady like manner. Doesn't really matter, I'm not feeling much like a lady right now; more like a creature of the night, the dark skies forecasting my mood. He walks into the room, closing the door behind him and starts laying the food out on my desk.

"So we've got pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausages, and orange juice. What would you like?" He looks back at me with a small smile on his face.

"Waffles, eggs, bacon, and sausage." I tell him with a sigh.

Corey quickly fixes the two plates, bringing mine over with the syrup and going back for his, before taking a seat beside me. I pick at my food, and we eat in silence for a while. I appreciate him giving me this time to think. I'm sure he wants to say something. I'm really grateful to Corey right now. I'm pretty sure if he didn't bring me food, I would've let myself starve. Or dug through Sang's desk for something, giving her another thing to be mad at me about.

I sigh at the directions my thoughts take me and look at my now empty plate before looking over to Corey.

"Thanks for breakfast nerdling." I mumble.