Chapter 42: Birthday Fun

**Gabriel**

"Hey Luke?" I whisper into the silence, "Luke."

"Gabe, it's 6 in the morning, go back to sleep."

"I can't. Do you think Trouble's up yet?"

"Again, 6am."

"She's hasn't texted me yet. She's definitely the kind of girl who texts her fucking boyfriend on his birthday."

"Gabe, it's early. Owen says...sleep..." He mumbles off back to sleep.

"Luke!"

"Ah! What, what!? I don't have class till 11. Come on Gabe let me sleep."

"Sang hasn't wished me a happy fucking birthday!"

"Sang's been acting weird lately, Owen says she's been tired. Besides, does she even know it's your birthday?"

"Oh shit, I don't think I told her!"

"Well, there you go. Can I go back to sleep now? What are you doing?"

"I'm calling Trouble!"

"Gabe it's 6 in the-"

"Hello?" Her cute little sleepy voice answers.

"Trouble!"

"Meanie," She moans, "It's 6 in the morning."

"I know, but I wanted to ask you out before one of the other fuckers had a chance."

"When?"

"Tonight."

"Gabriel, I can't tonight. I'm busy."

"You've been busy all week, and besides you can't say no to the birthday boy."

"Wah?"

"It's my birthday Trouble. Come on, you can't say no to your boyfriend on his birthday."

She's silent for a minute, and then there's a rustling on her side.

"Meanie," She sighs, "I'm the worst girlfriend in the world."

"Fuck no Trouble, why would you even say that?"

"Well the first reason would be that I didn't know that what we are would be boyfriend and girlfriend." She mumbles.

"Neither did we Trouble, it's just the easiest way to describe us. Next?"

"Well, I didn't know it was your birthday."

"Aw Trouble, don't sound like that. It's my fucking fault for not telling you. But please will you go out with me tonight?"

"I really am busy Meanie...but I'll see what I can do."

"Yes! Fucking perfect! Tell your psycho roommate that I'll be by at 4 to drop off  your outfit. I'll pick you up at 7."

"I'm not leaving my room unlocked. I'll give my keys to Kota when I get to my computer class."

"Ok, yeah, that works too."

"Great."

"Alright, see you Trouble. You won't regret this."

"Oh Meanie?"

"Yeah?"

"Happy birthday."

**Sang**

Talking my way out of dance practice for Gabriel's birthday did not exactly go as planned. As soon as I said something, I felt like I was abandoning Lake to those horrible harpies. They don't like either of us very much and I really can't figure out what it is that I did to piss them off so much.