Chapter 27.5: Toma Team Family Meeting

**A Report**

After the door shuts, Kayli huffs and walks over to the couch and plops down.

"I am such an idiot." She exclaims. "That's what you guys were trying to tell me, wasn't it?"

"No shit." Brandon comments as he plops down across from her.

"Don't try that shit with me. You insulted her just like I did."

"I called her a little girl. Which she is. It's a fact, not an insult." Brandon explains.

"It could be taken as an insult bro." Corey comments.

Axel, leaning against the entryway, shakes his head.

"Insult or not, now is obviously not the time to approach Sang with an apology Kay." Axel tells her.

"Then what am I gonna do? My keys are locked in our room; I have no clothes. Do you see what I'm wearing right now?" She asks him.

"Actually, I am. What made you go to their room last night?" Axel asks her with suspicion.

Kayli, surprised at being put on the spot, starts to visibly pale. She knew this was coming. She may have been with Corey after class, but she was with Axel right before it happened. He was the catalyst for the slut squad shaming her.

"I figured one of them would be home." She mumbles.

"But I had just left you. Why didn't you come find me?" Axel asks her.

"I didn't know if you'd be busy or not." She evades.

"That clearly didn't stop you from going to see them." Brandon interjects. "Which one of them were you actually going to see anyway?"

"Both. Either. I knew one of them was bound to be there, and just took a gamble that they weren't busy."

"And if they were?" He continues, "Who would you have gone to next? What exactly was your plan last night Kayli?"

"I didn't have a plan! I was angry, and hurt! I didn't care where I went, I just needed to get away from her."

Corey, and Marc's faces contort into pain before quickly schooling them as the Academy had taught them. Unfortunately, they weren't fast enough and Kayli saw the hurt in their eyes.

"No, guys, I didn't mean it like that. Ugh I'm so stupid." Kayli cried out as she leans back, placing her hands over her face. "I'm always sticking my stupid foot in my mouth."

"I guess that's the main part where you and Sang differ." Marc comments.

"What exactly are you trying to say?" Kayli asks, looking at him.

"Relax Kayli, no one is attacking you." Corey assures her.

"Yeah, I actually think about the word that come out of my mouth." Marc quips.

"Marc!" Axel intercedes, "That's enough. Get to your point."

"All I'm saying is that Sang was the bigger person here. She could've said a lot of things to get back at you for going off of the Blackbourne team, but she didn't. You might want to keep that in mind next time, and not let your emotions get the better of you. It's something we've all had to learn to get over."