Chapter 3

Liv's POV
After I escaped my Dad's deadly grasp, I kept running until I felt like I was gonna pass out.  I came to a dark, humid, unpleasant alleyway and turned down it, unsure if my dad was pursuing me.  I noticed an army green dumpster sitting at the end, illuminated by a flickering street lamp.

  I crept over to it, getting an eerie feel of the whole alley. I stood in front of the dumpster and heard a rustling inside. I froze, not making a sound, until the rustling subsided.  I slowly opened up the lid, and stood on my tip-toes to see inside, and as I squinted, trying to make out what it was, something grabbed me from behind. I shrieked and tried to twist around to see who grabbed me, but it was no use.  They had me so tight that I couldn't escape so I tried flailing my arms and legs, attempting to wiggle my way out of their grasp. When the attempt was unsuccessful, I reached into my back pocket and felt around for my switchblade. I pulled it out and fumbled with the button for a few seconds, then flicked it open and tried to reach behind me and stab the attacker. They dropped me, and when I turned around I was really confused. I didn't know this person, so why were they trying to kidnap me?

Dally's POV
As soon as I put down that letter I grabbed a black backpack and threw it on my bed. I took one long stride across my room, and flung open the doors of my tiny closet. I swept my arm in the middle of all the shirts, grabbing them in one hand and ripping them off the hangers.  I didn't know how long I would be gone for, so I grabbed the remaining shirts and all of my jeans, underwear, and my leather jacket. I chucked them into my backpack and walked out the door, down the stairs, and to Buck's red Plymouth. I hopped into the drivers seat and sped out of the dirt parking lot.  New York was hundreds of miles away, and I was in for a long journey.

Every twelve hours, I would stop to get food and use the bathroom.  I know it may seem like a long time in between each stop, but that's all I needed. I had a long time to think about how my life would change when I brought my kid sister back to Tulsa. I was really excited, but I would never show it. I have a rep to hold up.

I drove at blazing speed down the highway, at least 30 mph over the limit, and it was amazing that no cops were after me. I finally saw the "Welcome to New York City" sign, and tensed up. I knew all to well where my dad lived, and I was enraged because my kid sister had to live there too. I pulled up to one of the poorest and sketchiest places in New York City, and got out of the car and walked over to my dad's apartment door.  It looked as if it were going to fall off its rusty old hinges any second. I knocked harshly, and a drunk, unshaven, deadbeat man answered the door. "Where is she?" I demanded.
"I have no idea," he slurred, "Last time I saw her she was runnin' up to East Street."  (A/n I don't know if that's actually a street in New York but it sounded ok lol)
And with that I took off , heading towards East Street.

I knew this place like the back of my hand, considering I had lived here for a few years.  I was walking down the cracked, stained cement sidewalk when I heard a noise come from an alley that was just up ahead. It sounded weird, so I decided to check it out. I poked my head around the corner, and I saw a tall, thin girl standing in front of the dumpster, looking at something. That girl had the same wavy, honey colored hair that my mom had had, and the same build too. I figured this was my kid sister, since she looked like my mom.  I didn't want her running away, so I crept up and grabbed her from behind. Probably not the best thing to do. She was taken by surprise, and she struggled for a moment, but she was no match for Dallas Winston.

She calmed down for a second, and I thought she had given up, but I was wrong.  She whipped out a huge switchblade, and tried to stab me with it. I dropped her and she spun around, studying me, trying to recognize me, but the terrified look in her eyes told me she did not. 
Boy, did she look like mom! I stood there studying her face and matching it with the memory of my mother, forgetting she didn't know who I was. She finally mustered up the courage to ask, "Who are you and what do you want with me?"
I looked at her and smiled,"I'm Dallas Winston, your long lost brother."
---------------------------------------------------------

Omg yas they met each other!  This chapter was so much fun to write! If you have any ideas or suggestions for the book, let me know! Please remember to vote and comment!
-outsiders_obsessed12