Chapter 9

"In any minute now we are going to land on Ninoy Aquino International Airport, please buckle up your seat belts on thank you."

I woke up by hearing that. I stretched my arms and legs and sighed. The whole week is so tiring. I've arrived coming from LA with a 3 day Conference and to settle other business meetings.

I sighed again. It's been a long time when i last saw her. Her face, still not changing but she looked more mature now and it suits her well. So beautiful. I wish i could turn back time and explain things and tell her the truth.

RCA Company

I pressed the Intercom and seconds later my secretary is inside.

"Mond, where are the reports of each Department that is needed to sign or to be checked?" I asked without looking at him.

I'm busy making a proposal that i will present to the board later. I still have Jetlag coz i came here straight from the airport.

"Sir, you have already signed and check those reports." Said Mond and i halted.

"I did?"

Tumikhim ito at tumango. "Yes sir. Before your flight from Los Angeles."

That's the time when my mind is going crazy again. When the time I saw her talking on a phone and her smile... Just like the old times I saw that kind of smile. But when she turn to me that smile went off.

"Sir, May ipapagawa pa po ba kayo?" Rinig kong sabi ni Mond. I turned my head to see the time and it's already near 8. I muttered none and said he can go home now. He thanked me for that.

I still stayed at my Office for 2 and a half hours. My neck and back hurts. I sighed. I need a drink for me to sleep comfortably.

I checked my phone and it has a missed call from my Mom. Its friday night maybe she is thinking that i will go home. And i totally forgot about that.

Kinuha ko ang coat ko sa swivel chair at pinatay ang Laptop and grab my keys. All lights on the office are now dimmed some cubicles have still lights. I have reached the elavator and pushed the button to Ground floor.
It's on the sixth floor when my phone rang.

Jack Calling..

"Yo, fcker! Where are you?" Pambungad nito. I rolled my eyes.

"Hello to you too, dickhead. What do you want?"

Narinig ko ang ingay sa background nito at hiyawan.

"Come over at Cube! The assholes are here. Except for you."

Pinatayan ko ito ng tawag at sakto namang bumukas na ang elevator.

Pakarating sa Parking lot tumungo agad ako sa sasakyan ko at pinaadar para pumunta kung nasaan ang mga Gago kong kaibigan.

Perfect timing. I really need a drink.

-

"Mom, are we still going back to Germany?" Tanong bigla sakin ng anak ko.

Naka-upo ito sa High stool na binili ko para lang sakanya. Dahil nung minsan na pinaupo ko siya sa upuan sa kusina ay nahulog ito. Naka palumbaba ito at naka pout.

"Why do you ask, baby?" Di naman siya nito sinagot imbes na eh humaba lang ang nguso nito.

She sighed. Nilapitan niya ito at kumuha ng bangko at umupo sa harap ng anak.

"Ayaw mo ba dito?" Marahan kong tanong.

"No, mom. It's just that I miss our house there, my friends." Nakayuko nitong sabi at pinaglalaruan ang mga daliri.