Part 4

Cheryl, Liam, and Sophia stayed out in the park for a good while; the three of them just enjoying the cool air that was blowing off the ocean in the distance whilst they chatted together and took several pictures on Liam's phone while pulling silly faces. Cheryl couldn't remember a time where she'd laughed so much really; it seeming that Liam's positive energy and the love they had for each other just putting her in an extremely giddy mood that she'd really been missing. It was nice to feel properly loved by somebody as she had to admit, Liam loved her more than both her ex-husbands had ever done.

The three of them took their time walking back to the villa once the sun began going down, though Liam and Cheryl seemed to admire the sunset a little more than Sophia had actually done as she kept tugging their hands due to wanting to go back to the villa and eat – something that amused Cheryl and Liam greatly as they walked along. Once they finally reached the villa again, Liam went ahead to order them a huge pizza and some wings from one of the famous pizza places in Cape Town whilst Cheryl and Sophia went ahead to get changed into some cozy pajamas for the evening.

While Liam had been stood out on the balcony on the little deck area of the villa that led down to the beach, his thoughts of how amazing the day had been were suddenly interrupted by his phone buzzing in his back pocket. He pulled it out and looked at the screen, rolling his eyes when he saw that it was an unknown number. Assuming it was just Sophia trying to get in contact again, he sent the call to voicemail and slipped his phone back into his pocket, shaking his head in despair.

He had no idea why Sophia suddenly really wanted to talk again, especially after their breakup had been quite nasty due to him wanting nothing to do with her ever again. He knew that they ended up having to be civil again due to her helping with rescuing little Sophia, but at the same time, he was now wondering if maybe Sophia had taken that the wrong way and taken it to mean that he wanted to be friends or something. Liam knew this probably wasn't a good thing, but despite Sophia's help with everything, he still wasn't willing to forgive her yet for everything she had done – for the lies, the times she'd put him down, for her father planting drugs in his car - everything. He wondered if maybe he was wrong to be still holding such a grudge about that, but then again how could he be wrong with Sophia was the one who had been holding a grudge about their breakup to the point where he'd actually nearly gone to jail based off of all the lies she had told just out of spite. Maybe he wasn't wrong for holding this grudge, but whatever the case may be, something inside of him just wasn't allowing this to let go.

Perhaps he was worried about her possibly ruining what he and Cheryl had. He knew Sophia was just that manipulative, and Cheryl had confided in him the night before they left England about the fact that Kimberley – an attorney at Cheryl's law firm and Cheryl's best friend – was representing Sophia in the upcoming court case about the kidnapping and all sorts. Even Cheryl was feeling strange about it, and Liam wondered if Sophia was manipulating Kim into thinking she was truly sorry and really wanted help. He knew how Sophia's mind worked as he had been with her for a couple of years and had suffered from her manipulative ways for the last eight months of their relationship, and so he wondered if everything was a plot to somehow get close to him.

He just didn't even know what to think, but he hoped Sophia wouldn't ruin anything between him and Cheryl. Cheryl meant far too much to him for anyone to mess things up. He truly loved her more than he had ever loved someone. Out of the two serious relationships he'd ever had, Cheryl was the one he loved the most.

"Payno!"

He jumped slightly and looked over his shoulder, seeing Sophia wandering towards him now dressed in an adorable, pale blue onesie with little purple hearts all over it. He smiled and scooped her up onto his hip, kissing her cheek.