Part 23

"Alright...be there soon dad; see ya."

Cheryl walked into the kitchen dressed in a t-shirt and cozy pajama bottoms later in the night, hearing Liam round off a call and seeing him grabbing his keys. It was only half seven and the three of them had, had dinner already; Sophia now sat in the lounge floor playing with Coco and Buster while Liam had tidied up the kitchen and Cheryl went upstairs to shower and sorts.

"Is Geoff alright?" she asked, coming up to him and wrapping her arms around his middle, leading him to wrap his own arms around her as well.

"The old man is out and his car has overheated and he doesn't have any coolant," Liam rolled his eyes, "Let me go help him out; I won't be long."

"You better not be long; me and Sophia and bump want cuddles." Cheryl smirked, giving him a cute pout. Liam chuckled softly, pecking her lips once more and giving her bum a squeeze.

"I won't be too long – I promise; I'm just gonna take him some coolant and follow him home to make sure he gets there alright, probably pop in and say hello to mum because I've hardly seen her because she's been ill, and then I'll be back." He explained. Cheryl nodded before standing on her toes, kissing his lips once more.

"Send Karen our love," She squeezed his arms again before finally getting out of his embrace, "It's raining as well and be careful."

"Give me a cuddle to warm me up when I'm back yeah?" he smirked.

"Of course." Cheryl winked back, giggling as Liam jokingly punched the air before leaving out; Cheryl just rolling her eyes and giggling to herself as she went into the living room to chill out with Sophia for a while...

******

Knock knock.

Geoff Payne looked up, chuckling as he opened the driver's side door at the sight of his son. The rain had let up for now and so luckily, Liam wasn't getting wet or anything. Liam was at least glad they were in the well-lit parking lot outside of a grocery store, as he would've hated the thought of any of his loved ones stranded alongside the road in the darkness.

"About time you got here, boy," Geoff chuckled as he got out of the car, "Right, come on here with the coolant so I can get home because it's freezing."

"Hello to you too, Dad," Liam sarcastically spoke with a roll of his eyes, "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"Oh, you know I'm happy to see you son, but come on here so I can get this soup back to your old mum before she has my head." Geoff smirked, clapping his son on the back. Liam chuckled as he retrieved the coolant from the trunk of his car, before then going over to his father, who had just opened the hood of his own car.

"How's she feeling anyway? I was gonna follow ya to the house and pop in and see her." Liam replied as he stepped closer to pour some coolant into his father's radiator.

"The old girl is kicking just fine, son; you know your mum, she doesn't let anything get to her." Geoff explained. Liam chuckled a bit, nodding his head as he slammed the hood of the car shut.

"I know she doesn't; she's a strong woman, mind – I just turn into a big baby when I'm sick." He sniggered away to himself.

"You and me both, son," Geoff chuckled, "Right let's see if the car is sorted and I'll beep the horn after a few minutes."

Liam gave a thumbs up before slipping into the driver's seat of his own car while his dad got into the driver's seat of his car. Whilst waiting, he retrieved his phone from his pocket. He smiled to himself at the picture on his background, it being of him and Sophia and Cheryl from their holiday to Cape Town at the start of the year. He noticed that he had a missed call from Cheryl as well, leading him to call her back as he figured something was wrong.