Part 8

A Week Later

"Sophia Janelle Fernandez-Versini, if you aren't down these stairs in five...four...three- "

"I'm here!" the little girl immediately burst out as she raced down the stairs; this being just a normal morning in the Cole household where they were rushing around to get ready and go.

They'd been back in England for a few days following their vacation; having stayed in Cape Town for a couple days into the New Year before the vacation was over and they were forced to return to normal, everyday life in England. Today was a typical Monday morning – the first one back to reality: Liam had gone off to work as he had to be there at seven, and now Cheryl and Sophia were rushing around trying to get out of the house themselves on time so that Sophia could be dropped off at nursery and Cheryl could go to work as she had a quite a bit to do from being gone for the last few weeks.

"Come on, out we go Tinkerbelle." Cheryl smirked as she zipped her own leather jacket up while Sophia zipped her pink pea coat up – the little girl looking incredibly adorable as he curly hair was styled into a top bun, and as she wore a pink shirt, dark blue skinny jeans, and her pink and black Jordan's trainers. Cheryl was wearing black, long sleeved fitted dress, black tights and her shiny black heels. Her long ombre locks were styled into a neat, top bun, and she wore some makeup to give her eyes that smoky effect along with some nude lip gloss. To finish off her look, she was of course wearing the necklace she'd gotten for Christmas from Sophia and Liam as it was rare that she went anywhere without it.

Once in the car, the two of them quickly headed over to Nicola's sister's place to drop the dogs off before then heading off to Karen's nursery so that Sophia could be dropped off. Luckily, going towards the nursery, traffic wasn't too bad which was helping them save time and Cheryl prayed that traffic wouldn't be horrible going into the city as she didn't want to be late on her first day back. Once they arrived at nursery, the two of them got out of the car – Cheryl giggling to herself as Sophia pulled her to the entrance as she was so excited to go to back to school and see her friends.

"Well, there's two of the loveliest people in the land!" Ruth Payne burst out straight away as she saw her brother's girlfriend and the adorable little girl; Sophia giggling and rushing over to hug her while Cheryl just laughed and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"Did you guys have a good Christmas and such? So sorry we stole your Liam." She giggled. Ruth laughed, nudging her arm.

"Nah it was great; we had good time and trust me, more food for us since you had him so we're not complaining," Ruth replied with a wink that sent Cheryl off laughing, "Seriously though, yours and Liam's and Soph's gifts are at ours; we can take Soph home with us today if you like? It's no trouble."

"Aw wow; that would be great thank you – I'm sure she'll have the time of her life with your dogs and stuff, and me or Liam will come pick her up around five or six." Cheryl replied, feeling so grateful to be involved with such a lovely family as the Paynes were such honest, good people. Just seeing how involved they'd all gotten in Sophia's life lately was such a beautiful thing as well as it was clear how much they loved and adored her. Their all around support for the relationship that Cheryl and Liam had was just great, and Cheryl couldn't have asked for a better family to become so involved in.

"No problem at all," Ruth said before looking over at Sophia, whom was already chatting to some of her friends, "Soph, come say goodbye to Mummy."

Sophia immediately rushed over and crashed into Cheryl, wrapping her arms around her which made Cheryl laugh as she hugged her back, squeezing her tightly. She leaned down and kissed her head, Sophia's dimpled smile making her heart melt as it always did.