Part 16

Few Days Later

A few days had passed and now Friday had come, much to Cheryl's despair really as she didn't know how ready she was to actually see her baby or find out what was wrong with her mentally. She hardly slept the night before, and even though her and Liam's appointment wasn't until around noon, she still found herself wide awake early in the morning, her mind going absolutely crazy with thoughts. The plan was for both of them to take the day off; Liam having taken the whole day off like he had said and Cheryl obviously explaining to her co workers that she wouldn't be in for the day either – only telling them that she'd explain later as she didn't really feel comfortable telling too many people yet. Liam was going to take Sophia to nursery and the plan for the afternoon was for Sophia to go over to Liam's parents' house, just to give Cheryl and Liam some time after the doctors to get their heads around the doctors' appointment and to see how Cheryl felt afterwards as well.

"Mammy, Liam's taking me to nursery now and then I'm going to go to Miss Karen's after nursery so I'll see you later!" Sophia animatedly burst out as she rushed into her mother's room with her bag on her shoulder; the little girl looking incredibly trendy in a pair of grey wooly leggings, pink long sleeved sweater top, along with her pink winter boots and her black pea coat. Her curly brown hair was flowing down her back and over her in loose curls which made her look extremely adorable as they bounced around her face.

"Okay babe, I'll see you later," Cheryl gave her a warm cuddle and kissed her cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too," Sophia giggled before looking up as Liam came back into the room from the en suite, already dressed in his leather jacket and jeans and trainers, "Come on Payno; let's go!"

"Go ahead downstairs and wait for me, trouble." He smirked. Sophia gave him a salute before skipping out of the room, leaving Liam to chuckle to himself as he leaned down and softly kissed Cheryl's lips.

"When I come back, I'll make you some breakfast yeah?" he told her. She nodded slightly, swallowing slightly as she looked up at him.

"I'm not really hungry so I might not eat much." She told him.

"Well you've got to eat something, princess," he softly kissed her forehead, "I won't be long."

Cheryl simply nodded her head, lightly kissing him back before watching him leave out. Once she heard the front door close and heard his car leaving from the drive, she wandered off downstairs and into the kitchen, going straight to the place where she knew she shouldn't – her cupboard full of alcohol.

She sighed to herself as she pushed the bottle of wine at the way and grabbed the nearly full bottle of vodka. She grabbed a wine glass and poured some in, before putting the bottle back and closing the cupboard. She then sighed as she looked at the wine sized glass of vodka she'd just poured, knowing she shouldn't be drinking it at all.

However, something inside of her just wouldn't allow her to pour it out.

She took a deep breath and lifted the glass to her lips, gulping the drink down all in one go. She screwed her face up and gripped the counter top as the alcohol hit the back of her throat, causing her to swiftly shake her head from side to side as she tried to get herself together.

"Fuck." She mumbled to herself, putting the now empty glass in the sink. She grabbed herself a bottle of water and sat down at the island counter top, taking a swig from it as she put her head in her hand.

She had no idea how long she had been sitting there, but before she knew anything, she heard the door opening and Liam whistling away to himself as he came in. The door closed and footsteps approached the kitchen, leading her to look up and smile slightly as Liam approached her with his handsome, cheerful smile.