Part 3

"Hiya; welcome to Cole and Tweedy; what can I do for you?"

Sophia Smith gave a nervous smile to the receptionist that had just greeted her as she walked up to the desk in the vast, luxurious looking new building that belonged to the Cole and Tweedy law firm. Even though the receptionist was giving her a warm smile, Sophia could still feel the anxiety rising inside of her as she could tell that the smile she was getting was quite forced; it making her feel a bit strange to be in here about to see one of the lawyers as she knew that all these people were close to Cheryl Cole; one of the head lawyers...

The lawyer who she put through hell by being involved in kidnapping her child...

She breathed out and handed over her appointment card with shaky hands as she found some courage to respond to the receptionist,

"I'm here to see Attorney Kimberley Walsh."

"Alright give me a second," Nadine spoke as she clicked around on the computer and typed in a bit of information, "Alright can I see some identification please?"

"Sure, yeah." Sophia nervously replied before rummaging through her purse. She handed her license over to Nadine; Nadine looking before handing it back to her along with a visitor's pass.

"Alright, just take that elevator right there to the third floor and when you step off, you'll take a left and come to a blonde-haired woman called Lily England and she'll direct you to Attorney Walsh's office." She explained. Sophia nodded and thanked her before going off to the elevator. She stepped in a pressed the button for the third floor before leaning against the elevator wall once the doors closed. She felt sick with nerves about this meeting, and part of her wanted to just go back downstairs and just leave again. However, she knew she couldn't do that because Kimberley was going out of her way to help her and it would be wrong to just cancel like this out of the blue.

Besides, she could use all the help she could get really...

As the doors pinged open, Sophia breathed out before stepping into the hallway; her heels clicking against the marble floor as she made her way to the left just as Nadine had told her to do. Just like Nadine said, she came to a blonde-haired woman who was typing away on the computer with the phone wedged between her ear and shoulder. Sophia caught a glimpse of the name plate on her desk; Lily England.

"Hang on just a second," she spoke down the phone before looking up at Sophia, "Hello; may I help you?"

"Um I have an appointment with Attorney Walsh at one." Sophia responded, fiddling with her fingers. Lily nodded her head and put whoever she was talking to on hold for a brief second, before standing up and coming from behind the desk.

"Follow me, please." She responded.

Sophia nodded her head, following Lily down the hallway to some more offices. She felt so intimidated and nervous as she saw numerous pictures of Attorney Cole and other staff members on the wall; she felt as if even the eyes of the pictures were following her and judging her for what she had done, she felt as though the people in the photos looking at her and wondering what she was doing there seeking help from those who had been close to the woman whose child she had been involved in kidnapping. She looked up as they came closer to Attorney Kimberley Walsh's office; Sophia catching a glimpse of the young man who she assumed to be Cheryl's brother as he had the same features as her. He glanced up as she walked by and Sophia immediately felt worse as he simply gave her a dirty look before looking back at his computer again.

Now she really felt like she shouldn't be there at all...

However, as much as she wanted to just turn around and run back to the elevator, she soon found herself being led into Kimberley's office. She saw the brownish-blonde haired woman sitting there behind her desk, writing some notes down whilst finishing up a phone conversation. She gave her a genuinely friendly smile as she looked up; Sophia returning the smile as she sat down in the comfortable arm chair across the desk from her. She heard the door close behind her and shot a glance over her shoulder, assuming that Lily must have left out to return to her down desk.