Part 9

"Take your time why don't you, Bella; Jesus man it took you half an hour to say goodbye to Liam?"

Cheryl simply ignored Nicola as she walked into her office with an obvious skip in her step and a cute smile on her face, hanging her jacket up on the back of her door before joining her friends at the table – all of them already having dived into their Chinese takeaway and were halfway done. Cheryl realized that Garry was absent from the table, causing her to poke her bottom lip out.

"Where's Gaz?" she asked, sitting down beside Lily.

"In his office on a conference call with his client and her social worker; he was meant to be done by now but apparently, the client is being difficult so it's taking up all of his lunch break as well." Kimberley replied with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Aw damn, I was hoping he'd come in so he could catch up with us too," Cheryl pouted as she grabbed a fork to tuck into her own food, "So, what have I missed?"

"Nothing same old same old with us," Lily smirked, "Why were you outside for so long? It takes thirty seconds to kiss someone goodbye and say I love you and all that, not thirty minutes – so, where were you?"

"I was just saying goodbye to Liam." Cheryl coyly replied before shoving a forkful of rice and lemongrass chicken in her mouth, trying not to laugh as she saw all of her friends giving her a suspicious look.

"What?" she asked through a mouthful of food.

"You were out there making out with him like a horny teenager, weren't you?" Nicola asked with a raised eyebrow. Cheryl softly bit her lip before nodding.

"Yep, in the back of his car – like a teenager all over again." She giggled, sending the others off laughing as well as they knew that there had been a reason why Cheryl had been gone for so long.

"Nah though wait a minute, you've got a little glow going on too," Kimberley chimed in, "You were out there doing more than kissing."

"I don't know what you mean." Cheryl replied with wide eyes, eating some more of her lunch. All of the girls exchanged a glance before Nicola outrageously burst out with,

"You had a quick fuck, didn't you?"

Lily and Kimberley burst into hysterical laughter while Cheryl choked on the bit of egg roll she had been eating; having to quickly compose herself and wash her food down with some of her water. She breathed out before looking up at Nicola, scowling at her while Nicola was howling with laughter.

"Alright pack it in." she rolled her eyes, trying her hardest not to laugh while her friends continued laughing away together, finding the fact that Cheryl's cheeks were now turning a shade of pink to be pretty hilarious as well. None of this would have expected something like this from their rather professional boss and best friend; this proving to be quite hilarious as it was just so out of character for Cheryl.

"This is brilliant," Nicola spluttered through her laughter, "Aw Chez; professionalism is well and truly out the window now that you have a hot young man eh?"

"Shut up," Cheryl whined, "It wasn't even planned; I don't know what he's doing to me but I swear I didn't plan on doing that – feeling like...that."

"Like what, Chez?" Kimberley smirked.

"How was it not planned? You just slipped onto his dick?" Lily added; this comment making Nicola crack up all the more to the point where she nearly spit a mouthful of water across the table. Cheryl pouted profusely at her friends, her cheeks heating up and going even more red as she continued eating some of her chicken.