Part 24

Every meeting Cheryl had for the day ended up being cancelled and she left work around three in the afternoon, unable to focus as she kept feeling a nagging pain in her heart, it feeling like she could physically feel her heart breaking as she kept replaying the morning scenario over and over in her head. She just couldn't believe that she had been betrayed like this, and by Liam of all people who knew what she had been through and who promised not to be like the others. She hated herself for growing so close to a man again, and hated herself even more for allowing her daughter to be so close to someone. For once, she hated the fact that she had such a big heart and wondered whether or not this would've happened again if she had been more guarded and had not fallen for Liam the way she did.

Upon arriving home, Cheryl immediately kicked her heels off before going upstairs, just wanting to lay down for a bit and clear her head before trying to figure out what to do next. However, she was given the shock of her life when she walked in and saw Liam sat on their bed, his own eyes being red to show that she'd clearly been crying, being just as upset about things as she was.

Obviously, they were upset for two different reasons – she thought he was a liar, he hated that she thought he was lying when he wasn't.

"Get out." She demanded.

"Cheryl, please, let me talk to you." Liam tried to plead with her. Cheryl dropped her bag on the bed, shaking her head.

"There's nothing for us to fucking talk about, is there," she swallowed to compose herself, "Liam, just leave okay – I need some space."

"I'm not leading you when you're fucking upset, pregnant, and not listening to me," Liam swallowed as tears slipped down his cheeks, "Cheryl, I swear on everything that Sophia is lying – I didn't go to hers last night; I fucking went to help my dad and see my mum – you can ask them yourself; they won't lie to you. Sophia's a liar!"

"Why did she have your shirt? How do I know your parents won't lie for you?!" she shot back at him.

"I probably left it at hers when we broke up and never got it back but I swear I haven't done anything," He sighed, "My parents aren't like that and you know it; they won't lie!"

"How am I supposed to believe that when Ashley's mother literally lied to my face for him, so I know how fiercely loyal parents are to their children!"

"I'm not Ashley and my family aren't his; we wouldn't do that, Cheryl," Liam shook his head, "Are you fucking kidding me? I thought you trusted me, Chez; I thought you loved me!"

"I thought you loved me too but now I know you saw that bitch last night, so maybe you don't fucking love me!" She snapped back at him. She then went to walk away before feeling Liam grabbing her arm, leading her to yank her arm away.

"Don't fucking touch me," She glared at him, "Leave me alone; go back to your whore!"

"Cheryl I didn't fucking do anything wrong; don't you see what's happening? She's trying to come between us and you're letting it happen!"

And at the sound of those words, she was instantly taken back to that final conversation she had with Ashley on the day she found out he cheated on her for a second time;

"I haven't done anything. They're trying to come between us and you're letting it happen."

"I didn't fucking let anything happen, Liam; you let this happen when you did whatever you did with her last night," She said in a hauntingly calm voice, "Get the fuck out of my house."

"Cheryl, baby please-" Liam tried to plead with her, however he was taken aback when Cheryl gifted him with a powerful slap across his face.

"Get your shit and get out of my house!" she screamed at him.