Part 29

"Good morning lover."

Cheryl smiled to herself the next morning as she stood at the kitchen counter, the strong arms sliding around her waist and the gravelly voice whispering in her ear being enough to give her butterflies as she leaned back slightly.

"Good morning," She smiled up at Liam, "You ready for today?"

"Ready to see that bastard Joe go down? You bet," Liam chuckled as he kissed her cheek, "You're gonna slay, baby."

"I'll try." Cheryl giggled as she turned around to face him; dressed in a sleeveless, v-neck fitted black dress that stopped mid thigh as well as her trendy black thigh high boots heeled boots. Her eyes were looking even more sparkly as she had on dark eye makeout to bring them out, her lips looked more plump as she wore dark red lipstick, and her hair was looking very smart as it was slicked up into a too bun. She smirked as his eyes flickered to her chest, leading her to drape her arms around his neck and kiss his cheek.

"Don't perv on me all day," She smirked before stroking his arms, "You look handsome."

"You shouldn't look so damn beautiful first of all; I'm just a regular man at he end of the day – and I thought I best make an effort since you and Sophia are looking stunning today." Liam chuckled, looking handsome himself as he dressed in a pair of khaki brown trousers, as well as a pale blue button down shirt that was tucked in and brown shoes. Sophia too looked adorable as she sat at the island counter chomping away on some fruit salad; wearing a plain black dress with shirt sleeves and a thin grey belt around the middle, as long as black leggings and her little black flat shoes.

"Thanks; I know I'm stunning." She humorously burst out as she munched away on some pineapple; Cheryl and Liam exchanging a glance and simply shaking their heads in despair at how cheeky she was.

"Get that fruit salad gobbled up so we can get out of here on time," Cheryl giggled as she sat down beside her, "Are you nervous?"

"Kind of, but I'll just be brave and honest like last time," Sophia shrugged before looking up, "Kimberley won't be there right? She was annoying last time."

"That's not nice," Cheryl stifled her giggles as she whacked Liam on the arm when he'd started chuckling, "She was doing her job; she won't be there though, so don't worry."

"Good." Sophia replied with a straight face before finishing off her fruit salad whilst Liam tried to stop laughing as Cheryl punched him in the arm again.

It wasn't too long later that the three of them were sorted out and ready to go; Sophia having pulled on a little cardigan to match her dress while Cheryl pulled on her own black blazer to go with hers. Liam pulled on a trendy dark blue blazer and fastened one button in a trendy, smart fashion. Cheryl grabbed her bag and rounded up the dogs so they could drop them off with Nicola's sister, before the three of them headed off together, praying that the day would end in victory and justice for the adorable little girl who happily skipped down the walkway to the car...

******

The nervous feeling was present in Cheryl's stomach as it always was whenever she entered court; everything now being set up and ready to go. Cheryl and Sophia were on one side – their supporters and witnesses being sat directly behind them; Nicola, Garry, Derek, Mark, Liam, and Karen and Geoff. Joe Smith had been led in on the other side along with his two goons, Adam Peyton and Carter Tims – Cheryl having heard earlier in the week that Joe was not only representing himself, but Carter and Adam as well. Joe wouldn't even look in Cheryl's direction as he came in, it making Cheryl want to burst out laughing as it was clear that the conversation with him from the previous day had left him a bit shaken up. However, she resumed professional mode and contained herself, simply going over some things with Sophia, though really Sophia was just as brave and strong so she wasn't really too worried.