Part 15

Despite Liam reassuring Cheryl that things would be okay in time, the horrible anxiety continued to plague her even throughout the night as she slept, leading to numerous nightmares about harming herself and her baby that left her waking up every hour it seemed. Her sudden movements woke Liam up a couple of times, and he would simply wrap his arms around her and console her as much as possible to help her go back to sleep. Cheryl hated this already and she didn't even really know what was wrong with her. She was over it – and she had no idea where to even start to think about getting better again.

When the alarm off at just after seven, Cheryl groaned to herself as she rolled over, switching the alarm off before looking to the side. Liam was already up and she could hear the shower running, it telling her that he was in the shower as he had work today. Cheryl hardly felt like even going to work or court this afternoon, but she knew that there was no way she could get out of the things she had to do today – especially not court. She couldn't deal with countless questions from the prosecution or questions from the judges or jurors, couldn't hardly deal with defending her client – her mind wasn't with it today.

She breathed out and dragged herself out of bed before going over to her wardrobe to get her clothes ready for the day. She decided on wearing a pale pink short sleeved blouse and a navy blue pencil skirt, along with her navy blue blazer and her suede navy blue stilettos. Just as she was sorting out her clothes, Liam came out of the bathroom in just a towel, drying his hair with another towel as he did so.

"Good morning, baby." He replied, giving he a warm smile. Cheryl smiled slightly before returning to getting her things to wear; this making Liam sigh as he could see the stress and sadness in Cheryl's eyes – it making him wish that they could both just take a few days off to figure things out as he hated seeing her like this.

"How are you feeling this morning?" he went on to ask as a silence consumed them.

"I don't really know, to be honest," Cheryl sighed, "I need to get ready for work and stuff, but if you leave before I get out the shower, just know that I love you and I want you to have a good day at work."

"I hate how you said that." Liam spoke, looking up after putting on his jeans for work.

"Said what?" Cheryl asked, confusion taking over as she looked back at him.

"You said that like you don't want me to worry about you or something," he came over to her and wrapped his strong arms around her waist, "I'm here for you and I always will be; we're in this together Cheryl, so please don't push me away?"

Cheryl's eyes filled with tears as she looked up at him, seeing the concern and sincerity in Liam's eyes with each word he spoke. She buried her face into his warm, bare chest, squeezing him tightly as he tightened his arm arms around her.

"Thank you." She whispered, her voice cracking slightly as she spoke. Liam kissed the top of her head as he affectionately scratched her back.

"I love you, Cheryl; and all I want is for everything to be okay for you, and Soph, and our baby." He told her. Cheryl nodded her head before standing up on her toes, softly pecking his lips.

"I love you too." She whispered. She then squeezed his arms before retreating to the bathroom, leaving Liam to just sigh a bit after the door closed as he hated knowing that she was so down and upset. Still, he was determined to help her get back on track and determined to help her feel more attached to their little unborn baby. He just wanted to help her as best he could – somehow.

He pulled his shirt on along with his shoes before heading off downstairs. As he reached the bottom, the dogs met up, whining slightly as they clearly needed letting out. Liam went and slid the patio door open; the dogs racing across the back garden which amused Liam, leading him to shake his head in despair as he went over to make a cup of tea for himself and for Cheryl as well.