Chapter 1

Peyton's POV

"What in God's name, are you still in bed?"

Awe... did you hear that sweet, little message. Yea, that was my mom. Always a joy waking up to hear her angelic voice in the morning -- not. Can she not try to make my ear drums bleed? I mean, don't get me wrong I love her to death; but when I hear her angry foot steps coming to my door, that's an alarm itself.

  "I'm up mom, geez. Just give me an hour and I'll be down." As I said this, she left with an accomplished look on her face.

I got out of my bed and made my way to my bathroom. I stopped at the mirror to look at my appearance. I looked terrible. My long, slightly curly, dark brown hair was a mess. Everyone always asks, 'Why don't you brush it?', and those are the people who honestly have a mission to get punched in the face. I always tell them my hair will go even crazier; but, they try to give me more tips. Like um.. excuse me? Who has had this hair for 17 years? Oh yea, me.  I rolled my eyes to my to thoughts, and began to turn on my shower to let it warm up. About 10 minutes later I was done. I put on my clothes for today's outfit for school. Which consisted of a dark green, loose t-shirt; light wash, high waisted jeans; and paired with my white converse. I let my hair dry to its naturally curly self and began to do my makeup. I never really wore a lot of makeup. I just never saw the point of it. When I was done with my makeup, I went downstairs to meet with my mother yet again.

   "Finally done I see." she greeted.

   "Good morning to you too." I fake smiled. We both laughed.

    "Whatever. Go get in the car and I'll meet you outside." she laughed.

    With that I went outside and hopped in the car with my bag full of study guides, random papers I'm too afraid to throw away because they might be important, and lastly straight A's. I've always been really good at school. All aspects of it. Even the social part of school. People would call me the 'popular girl'; but, I honestly don't see why. I don't dress to impress or pretend to like people I don't. Don't take it the wrong way, I am polite. It's just certain people who know how to press certain buttons. And just maybe a certain fist might connect to a certain cake face. Just saying.

The drivers door opened and my mother got in.

"Ready for-", my mom started, but I decided to finish it for her.

"Hell? Of course! Can't wait to suffer and starve all day. It's such a joy to see all the people that I hate. Ugh, so lovely."

"Nice sarcasm you got there. Love it."

"Whatever.", I laughed.

She started the car and we drove off to hell. Sorry, I mean 'school'.
We arrived 10 minutes later. All my friends were waiting for me by the school doors.

"Hey, Shorty!" Liam yelled as I got out of the car.

Liam. Ohhhhh Liam. He's a cute one. Not just cute. He's hot. Extremely. He has dark blue eyes, medium length blonde hair. Those features may be basic, but trust me when I say his other features make him so much hotter. His sharp jawline;high cheekbones; full lips, but not too full to look like lip injections. Is it obvious that I might have a slight crush on him? But sadly, he has put me in the friend zone since 6th grade.

"Hey, Li!" I said as he gave me a side hug.

As Liam did this gesture, my best friend Ava gave me a smirk. She might also know of my lil crush.
"You should totally come over to my house this weekend and help me study for the trigonometry test," Liam combed his hands through his hair nervously. Keeping his eyes locked on mine.

"You're really good at it, and I am, well, terrible" he laughed.

Is he being serious right now?

"Yea, of course I'll help you. What time?"

"Friday, after school? I could drive us" he offered.

"Yea, it's a date" I teased.

Yes, he is my crush. But I won't be able to make him more than that if I just sit around and do nothing. That's another thing that bothers me about people. They'll have a person they really like, but they never make a move. It's really frustrating to be honest.

"Okay, you two" someone interrupted.

I turned my attention towards the voice. Only to find it to be the one and only Sawyer Peters. The notorious 'bad boy', that has almost every girl falling to his feet. The only thought those girls have in mind is the slight chance they have of changing his ways. They all fail. Obviously. No one will change, unless they want to change. They change for themselves, not for other people.

"Are you gonna move out of the way or sit here and talk like love sick puppies?" Sawyer said annoyingly.

"No need to be so rude, Peters" Liam stepped in front of me.

I don't know why he gets so defensive. I find it quite attractive actually. But I don't see the need in it when it comes to Sawyer. He's a nobody. Especially someone I would never get myself involved with. He just screams trouble. With his chocolate brown eyes and brown hair. He has tattoos all over him, and all dark colored clothing that involves a chain around his belt loop. Like I said, he screams trouble.

"It's okay Liam," I assured him. "We were just leaving" I told Sawyer.

"Better keep your little boyfriend on a short leach there. His temper runs short" he yelled at me as I entered the building.

Who is he to talk about boyfriends on leaches? Liam isn't my boyfriend, even tho I'd love him to be. This doesn't change the fact that he never stayed calm with any girl he was with. Good job at being a hypocrite. What am I even doing? I don't want to start a good day thinking of some irrelevant jerk.

(A/N)
Sooooooo...... is it good? First chapter to my first book. I know it's short, but the chapters will get longer, I promise. Don't forget to leave a vote! Thank you!