Chapter 12

Sawyer's POV

I woke up in bed, with the light shining in my eyes. I groaned trying to cover my eyes. I was interrupted in mid yawn, when Anna stormed in.

"Why aren't you at school?" She yelled as she came up to my bed.

"I don't feel good," I lied.

"This is the fifth time this month you haven't 'felt good'," She was on to me. But I know I can get out of it.

"I'm having sharp pains in my stomach,"  I grabbed my left side, I honestly don't know what's there, or if it's anything important. Anna wouldn't know either.

"Do you need to go to the doctor?" her voice had calmed and she looked concerned. I knew it would work.

"No, it's fine, Anna. I'll just rest up today and I'll give you updates through out the day," I tried to give her my best weak voice.

"Okay, well I'm going to work. Make sure if it's an emergency, call my office phone, not my cell," she gave me a kiss on the forehead and left.

Sweet victory.

I laid back into a comfortable position in bed and let my thoughts about Peyton take place in my mind. I was only skipping school to dodge her. She probably knew that too, since I didn't talk to her at the foster event. I'm trying to pull her in. But not with her knowing everything about me. I only want to pull her in for my advantages. Yet seeing her hurt, hurts me. She's surely going to get hurt if I don't stop. I don't have feelings for her, but I feel bad for being a dick. I don't understand why. I've been with tons of girls, if I hurt them, so be it. There's always another one. But, there's not another Peyton. There's girls out there that are more experienced and sexy, though. I'm just wondering if that's what I should be going after anymore.

I realized that I wasn't going to go to sleep anytime soon. So I got out of bed and walked down stairs to get some breakfast. While I was eating, all I could think about is that day I took Peyton out for breakfast, but I made a complete dickhead of myself. The waitress wasn't even cute, she just had nice ass. Peyton has a nice body, but she withholds more than that. She has a bright personality, one that definitely makes you pay attention. She's hotheaded and doesn't care to voice her opinion. She always puts me in my place, that's one thing I admire most about her.

I sat around all morning and got bored. So I decided to show up at school to see my friends. It was lunch time when I showed up and I saw Peyton looking confused, as if she didn't know where to sit. I was going to make my move to invite her to sit with me, but she started walking towards a table. I looked to see where she was going and I saw the girl that was at Peyton's house the day I got into a fight. But I did notice one person, Ricky Carter, the guy who always pulls in my ex-girlfriends after I push them aside. Just because I cut them off, doesn't mean that I'm fully done with him. He's a guy, he should know that. I rolled my eyes and sat with my friends. We talked about parties and girls. Basically as far as our conversations go. Nothing personal.

My eyes wondered off to see Peyton and Ricky talking. I see him wink and Peyton smiles back at him. Why is this bothering me? She's nothing to me. I'm only getting her closer to me so I can have an upper hand. But, the only thing I can think about is how much I wanna beat Ricky's face in, if he flirted with her anymore. Just a few seconds later and he did it again, I couldn't sit there any longer, so I left. My friends all sat there with lost expressions on their faces. I didn't give them any explanation and went back home.

It was five in the evening and Anna still hasn't came home yet. I texted her earlier to tell her my stomach was feeling slightly better. I was surprised she was falling for. As I was watching reruns of 'Friends', I heard a knock at the front door. When I opened the door, I saw a soaked Peyton. I didn't realize it was raining.