Chapter 27

Peyton's POV
I came to Philly's Diner for the next 2 weeks to keep my mind off of things. I woke up in bed by myself that morning it all happened, something I don't know would happen hours prior. I thought Sawyer was going to come to my house and lay with me. But all I was left with was the tears he caused.

He slept with her. He didn't even have the balls to admit it himself. Olivia had to do it without her knowing she was doing it.

I love him. I still do. I wish I couldn't automatically stop myself from loving him, but I can't. I know we moved fast in our relationship. Our relationship was from the start physical. The physical part of a relationship moved fast than our emotional part. Maybe that is what made him do what he did. Alcohol can make people do stupid things. I know this from our night. But there's always a feeling somewhere when it happens. He had a feeling for her when he slept with her last night. Like he did when he slept with her back at his old town.

I invited Rein to come to the diner with me, but she was busy with her brothers. She said she could meet up in a couple hours. I couldn't stay in my house any longer. Sawyer and I always chilled out at my house. Just too many memories that I need to stay away from right now.

"Want anything else, Peyton?" David the owner asked.

"No thanks, Dave. I'm about to head out," I reply with a smile, a smile that was fake and forced. I can't genuinely smile anymore because of the pain.

"Okay, be safe," he patted my shoulder as he went on his way to take care of other costumers. We were only on first name basis since all I do is come here, sit on my stool by the counter and drink coffee every morning. My daily routine. Not one I'm proud of I must add.

I avoided him and he avoided me. I only saw him once these past two weeks. I was driving over here and he was driving the opposite direction. I only saw him. He looked sick. His eyes were puffy, red, and swollen. His hair was messier than usual. He hadn't been taking care of himself. That much was obvious. I don't know if that's still what's happening with him. I just hope he's doing well. Better than me. I wouldn't wish my feelings on anyone. Not on him. Not even Olivia.

I laid my tip on the counter and left. Went out the door and proceeded to walk to wherever my legs would take me. I didn't drive since I will random think of a memory with him and I break out in tears. Knowing blurry eyes and shaking hands are not safe to drive with, I walked to the diner alone.

I wish I knew why Sawyer did what he did. I have my assumptions, but not his actual intentions. Still part of his plan to get back at Liam? Liam doesn't care about me anymore, and the feelings mutual. Sawyer was drunk and she took advantage of him? He was drunk, but drunk or not he could've said no. I didn't want to put something on him until I knew what happened. It's just too hard to even think about him. Let alone see him. If I sat and talked with him about this, I would break down in front of him. I don't want to show him how much he hurt me, but it's hard when he cheated on me with someone he knew I didn't get along with from the get go.

I stepped into the park, instantly more memories came back.

"Where the hell have you been?" Someone yells taking me out of my thoughts. I look up to see it's Sawyer.
"I've been waiting for 20 minutes!"

"Geez, chill there." I say while rolling my eyes. "I fell asleep and woke up a little late."

My eyes began to tear at the memory. He was such a jerk. Who am I kidding? He's an asshole. But he was my asshole.