Chapter 7

Peyton's POV

I couldn't sleep at all last night. All I had on my mind was the almost kiss with Sawyer. And I know that I already slept with the dude, but in my defense, I was drunk and I don't remember any of it. I'm seeing myself get closer to him and that's what I'm exactly afraid of. He always breaks hearts. I don't want mine to be one of them. But the more I hang out with him, I keep falling. I'm trying to catch myself and stop it, yet I can't. He shows me his famous smile and I relax. I feel like we're the only people, no matter how cliche it sounds. I forget about my problems. Then I get back home and they're the only things that run through my head. This all needs to stop before everything goes down hill quick.

Formal is in 3 weeks and I need to get my dress before it's too late. I want to get the dress I tried on about a week ago; but Ava picked that one out and I  don't want anything to with her anymore. So, I'm gonna try and find something else today's go around.

I got up off my bed and went to shower in my bathroom. After finishing my shower, I put on pjs so I could get ready. After an hour I was ready to go. I was wearing a maroon t-shirt dress, with white vans.

I left my bedroom with my purse and headed downstairs.

"Hey, mom," I entered the kitchen to see my mom cooking breakfast.

"Morning, hun," she turned around from the hot stove. "Where are you going? Are you going to stay for breakfast?"

"I'm just going out to go get my dress for the formal in few weeks," I walked towards her to give her a hug goodbye. "Sorry, I can't stay for breakfast. I just want to get the dress be over with it."

"Is Ava going with you? You guys always do this stuff together," she asked confused.

"No, Ava and I aren't on good terms at the moment," I say slightly frowning.

"Awe, hunny," she pulled me back for another hug. Did I ever mention that my family loves to hug? "It'll all be okay. You two will pass this little argument, you guys always do."

I pulled back away from her once again, "It's not like that this time, mom. It's different." She looked at me with a sad face. "But it's okay, I'm okay. Anyways, I'll be back shortly. Bye," with that I left. I got into my car and drove to the mall on the other side of town.

Once I got there I looked everywhere for a dress. Still making sure I kept my distance from ones that were similar to the first one I tried on. As I was looking I saw a familiar face by the men's section. I walked slightly closer to get a better look, and all behold, it was Sawyer. He was trying on tuxedos with Anna there helping him. He looked really good in tux. From his usual rugged and edgy look, he was clean and put together. The tux fit his physique so well. I had to force myself to stop staring before I got caught. I went back to where I was and found something that took my attention. I quickly made my way to the fitting room to try it on.

I took a look in the mirror to see what the dress looked like on me. I honestly might like this one more than the first one. It was a dark, wine red color all over. The bust was lace the narrowed as it got to the skirt, showing my back and sides. The skirt was simple and short with a little volume. (A/N): pic below)

 (A/N): pic below)