Chapter 8

Peyton's POV

I was in the school hallway, waiting for the bell to ring for school to start. I stood by my locker and talked to a couple people about formal, but they too had to leave to get other stuff done before the bell rang. I stared at the clock as if me staring at it would make it go by faster.

"You're always so impatient," someone laughed beside me.

I jumped at the sudden voice and turned to see Liam. He was awkwardly standing there. "What do you want, Liam?"

"To apologize. Face to face." He stood his ground.

"I don't want to talk."

"Then don't. I'll do all the talking," he looked me into the eyes as if asking for permission. He took my silence as an answer and continued, "I don't want to stand here saying I'm sorry. That's only because I know a sorry means nothing in this situation. But please believe me when I tell you that I always had feelings for you, I never had them for Ava. I was drunk and I--"

"I slept with Sawyer that night." I moved forward so I could turn around and shut my locker.

"You what?" He was shocked to say the least.

"I slept with Sawyer." I looked him in eyes before turning around and walking away. I left him there by my locker, lost in the thoughts that were running through his mind from what I said. I had to tell him. It was going to come out sooner or later, and I wanted him to know from me. I was still angry with him, so I guess this was my petty way of also hurting him.

The bell rung as I walked away from him. I went to advanced anatomy and took my seat. The teacher walked around and told us about the assignment we had. He went on to tell us he had already paired us up himself. I was praying I wouldn't be stuck with Liam or Ava. I wouldn't care if it was Sawyer, at least I can talk to the guy, well a little bit. The teacher went along the list of names and I heard him say my name.

"Peyton," I looked up to meet his gaze. "You're paired with Rein," I nodded in response.

Rein? Who the heck is Rein?

The teacher read the rest of the names off and I went to go find Rein. It shouldn't be that hard.

"Is the pretty girl having a hard time finding her partner?"

I looked to see a girl who had a devious smirk on her face. "You must be Rein,"

"You're correct," she nodded her head. "You ready to start this stupid assignment?"

"Yeah, let's go sit over here," we stepped over to a table in the back of the class. I looked around to see who was paired up with who. I saw Liam and Ava sitting together, they seemed really uncomfortable. Then there was Sawyer laying his head down while the nerd of our class 'Davidson' does all the work. Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Fingers snapped in front of my face. "Are you always gonna blank out like that?"

I blushed in embarrassment, "Sorry, I was just thinking,"

"I know you have had some drama in your life recently. But if you could please put that aside while we do the project. I could honestly care less than your crush sleeping with your hoe of a friend,"

"She's not my friend anymore. Matter of fact, neither of them are," this girl has a different personality. She's honest, something I need.

"Whatever, lets start," we started on our project and decided to build a skeleton for the class.

The classes after that were slow. Nothing big happened, which is a first for my life recently.

I drove home and met my parents by the walkway to my room. "What are you guys doing?"