Raised to be praised~Naruto FF

~Prologue~

She ran as fast as she could manage, her fading amber hair flowing loosely behind her. She pulled the loose white cloth over the young child in her arms. A set of heavy footsteps behind her. "Please! Leave me be!" She shouted to the figure a few paces behind her. "Why should I? You have something very valuable that can be benefit us." Tears pricked at the old Amber  woman's dull blue eyes. "Please! You can't take her! I can loose another one!" She cried, stumbling over a root in the ground. As she stumbled, the figure appeared behind her, a kiba sword at the woman's chest. "Watch me," the figure hissed, plunging the sword into the woman. A shrill screech filled the air as the woman dropped to her knees. The figure leaned down and pried the child from the dying woman's arms, smirking as the woman gave in to her demise. The woman uttered her final words as she breathed her last breath, "Keiko, my child, please do not succumb to the darkness. You are the light...You are the--Ack!"

The sword was pushed  in deeper by the figure as they cradled the child. "That's enough out of you, you old coot." The figure hissed before returning their attention to the sleeping child in their arms. "Kieko, eh...?" She mumbles, tugging up the loose cloth before walking back to the base.

*EDITED*