Chapter 31: "Why do you stay"

Keiko's P.O.V.

I grunted as Asahi dropped to the ground again. "You need to build up endurance." I comment, making her hiss. "Endurance my ass. This is hell!"

I smirk, "My specialty. Now get up before I make you train with Deidara. Now, you wouldn't want that. Would you?" She shook her head violently and forced herself to get up. I could see that she was having trouble even standing. I sigh and pull out a small bottle from my holster on my shoulder. I open the bottle and tip it over into my fingerless-gloved hand. A small dark navy blue pill rolled into my hand, no larger than a dilated pupil.

I hold it out to her. She looks at it, almost as if it's gonna murder someone. I gave her a light glare, and thrusted my hand into her face. She shakingly took the pill and ate it. Biting it. Seconds later, she looked more energized.

"What was that?" She asked, as I set the bottle back into the holster. "That is called a solider pill. It replenishes chakra when eaten. I'll teach you about it tomorrow; when your immobilized in bed." I replied, getting into stance.

"Now, begin."

Tobi's P.O.V.

I watched as the Hoshigaki twins trained. Keiko, obviously having former training in her past, was shocked at first to hear that Asahi never had any. She instantly insisted that she should train her. "What exactly do you plan to accomplish by watching them train?" Pein asked, stepping from the shadows. I shut my eyes.

"They will be of great use to the plan. I just want to see them progress further." I answered, watching Keiko block a barrage of punches from Asahi.

"Are you willing to let them leave?" He asked, walking closer to observe them as well.

"Hn, I suppose that I can't keep either of them caged forever. Especially Keiko..."

"Speaking of Keiko. It seems as though she might be able to posses sharingan. Are you aware of that?"

"Of course. I've watched the clan from the shadows for a long time. Her as well. In all honestly, she's a whole new person than before."

"Hm?"

"She was a ball of sunshine and a magnet for danger. She was always smiling and playing pranks with Sasuke and Shisui Uchiha. However, I suppose it was the loss of a third family or the solitude that has changed her entirely."

"So what do you suppose we do?"

"Solitude won't work. It's best if we find the source to her hate and discomfort."

"How come?"

"The more hate she has, the more she'll push herself to get stronger. The more she pushes herself, the less time she has to worry about anything else."

"I'm still not understanding your point."

"If she's only focused on her training, then she will be oblivious to what we do around her. As long as we steer clear of Asahi and Kisame we should be fine."

"And what about Itachi?"

"What of him?"

"She seems to have an intricate relationship with him. She blushes each time he does something to her, but she does hid it expertly."

"Hn, I've noticed. We wait for Sasuke to kill him, however in the mean time we leave them be."

"Hm." With that, Pein was gone. I looked up, a flash of red was visible among the trees. 'Lovely...just, lovely...' I jumped after her. She ran from tree to tree, but fortunately for me her speed was still not up to part with mine. I grabbed her fore arm and threw her against on  of the tree's.