Chapter 9: "Akumu Mori"

Omniscient P.O.V

It's been another few years since the massacre, and things have changed quiet drastically.

First off, the Uchiha compound has become silent of all noises---except for the occasional crunch of gravel when Sasuke and Keiko would walk through.

Second off, Sasuke had become emotionless and became bent on killing Itachi as revenge. Of coarse, he only shows Keiko his true feeling, seeing as she was always there to pick him up if he fell.

Third off, Keiko had been 'added' to ANBU root. By added, she meant forced. Danzo had made her join root, until she finally accepted for two single reason's: To gain Shisui's left eye and to train.

Last but not least, Keiko had begun to read Shisui's book daily. She didn't sleep or eat offten, she either read, trained or assisted Ibik and Danzo.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Keiko sat on the corner of Ibik's desk, scanning a small document. "Found anything interesting, hime?" Ibik teased, making Keiko gaze up at him. They grew somewhat close, despite his slight hate for her father.

"I am not amused, Morino..." she mumbled, slipping the paper into his hand. "It's a BCU51." Ibik cursed under his breath.

[BCU51: Busted Criminal Unknown #51- Escaped criminal, cell number 51.]

"I have to finish this," he motioned over to the overflowing stacks of paperwork. "Can you handle it?" She gave him a curt nod, and saluted. 

Seconds later, she was gone, with slips of paper flying off the desk. This'll be a long day...Ibik thought, grabbing the first sheet and pen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keiko sprinted above the treetops, keeping her target in view. She learned that prisoner 51 was a deformation, one of Orochimaru's projects. He was an experiment of something called, Black Blood. The liquid gave him some sort of split personality that comes out to fight. {If you've ever seen 'Soul Eater', it's basically like Crona but without using the blood as a weapon.}Keiko saw him slow down and adjusted her mask, silently. She took her chance and there a paperbomb kunai at him.

In seconds, it hit him and exploded. The smoke cleared a few moments later. "You can't hurt us with that puny thing!" a dark and psychotic voice crackeled. Keiko froze. "P-please! Go away!"the man's voice was cracked and slightly shaken.

"Foolish girl, you can't beat us!" the old voice returned. Keiko slipped her mask upwards, and nicked her thumb over her teeth. Unlike the other seven Swordsmen, her teeth only turn jagged when wielding one of the seven swords. She slid it over the second summon tattoo on her left arm.

[The order of the Swords: (From the bottom up)

First (Down on the wrist)- Kibikiribocho
Second- Shibuki
Third- Kabutowari
Fourth- Nubari
Fifth- Twin Kiba Swords
Sixth- Samehada
Seventh- Hiramekarei(up on her shoulders)]

She held the handle of it him her right hand, and leaned it onto her shoulder. "Well, is a battle in order?" She asked, jumping to the ground. She had a better look at him.

He had dark hazelnut hair, and greyish black and yellow eyes. He was skinny, but had a hunchback. Not to mention his posture was one of a poor peasant. There was a fairly large cut on his right shoulder, out of it was a small black blob.

"Hell yeah, girly. I can already smell your sweet blood...So pure..."

Keiko tried to recall what she saw on the document. He uses shadow attacks...So he must have been in the Nara clan...she thought. She knew that she had to stay off the ground. If she got caught in his shadow possession jutsu, she'd be finished. She saw him mumbling to himself, before the black ooze wrapped around his body. Before  it over took him he whispered  something to her, "P...please...kill me...brat! You'll never win!"

She didn't react the way he wanted, she stayed stoic. "Say something, brat!" She shifted her weapon so that it was in front of her, gently placing her fingertips onto the edges. "Blastsword technique: Blasting Bridle Repeating Death!" she shouted, moving her fingers to push the paper off: making the paper expanded over twelve feet. Making it a twelve mile radius. The man was confused, until the paper exploded. Keiko managed to jump high enough to avoid the attack.

The deformed man lay on the ground, shifting slightly. Keiko approached him cautiously. She was within a foot of him, but then he did something unexpected. He began to implode. She ran forward, "Water Prison Jutsu!" she shouted sticking out her arm making a ball of water form around him. Seconds later the blue water turned a murky black colour. She released it seconds later, the man's body was completely obliterated but remains of the blood remained. She took two samples: one for testing and one as a spare.

She coughed for a few minutes, before  realizing that the blood was turning into a gas. One that could kill her if she stayed any longer, so she ran back to the village: but not before making sure no one was watching. She saw a twinkle of red, but ignored it.

Oh, how silly of her. How silly of her not to see those piercing red and black eyes watching her every move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keiko stumbled into the ANBU department, no one paid her any mind. She was just a tool, for fighting. "Hoshigaki-san, Lord Danzo requests you in the lower training room." a young blond man said to her before wandering off.

She grunted and walked down the halls, and into the coldest room there. It was actually bellow 0° down there. Keiko sighed, and spotted Danzo in the second entrance. "You'll be getting a new partner, I expect you to be in charge of her and her actions. You'll be sparring against her, taijutsu, I don't want her to be too injured." He said, disappearing.

Keiko threw off her torn up kimono top, "I'll mend that later..." she whispered. Tossing it into her kunai pouch. Feeling colder than usual, she hugged her body for warmth.

A few minutes later Danzo entered the room, a girl at his side.

She had black hair, and forest green eyes, she was almost as pale as Keiko. She wore simple kunoichi attire. Once she entered the room, Keiko could practically feel the goosebumps on the girl's skin.

She didn't really pay attention, until Danzo gave her the Que to begin. She tried her best not to harm her, so she took the punches and kicks. She was about to attack the girl, but was stopped by Danzo. After the girl left, Danzo explained everything to her.

"Akumu Mori is now your partner, as I stated earlier. She posses more talent then other regular kunoichi, so she will be with you. She will be moving in with you aswell...So make room for her and," he leaned closer to her ear, "If she does anything against Root rules, you'll be the one getting the punishment..."