Chapter 33: "Warm Welcome"

Omniscient P.O.V.

Suzuna stood in the Akatsuki living room awkwardly as most of the members observed her like hawks. "Yo, Barbie,"Deidara hissed at that remark. "...who's the sexy chick?" Hidan asked, approaching her. He placed a hand on her cheek, but didn't get much action. Well, not before he was punched through a wall.

Suzuna shook her hand slightly. She wasn't the best of the best at taijutsu, but she was decent. Deidara grinned at her, "Guys, this is Suzuna Tsubaki, yeah! She's gonna join the Akatsuki!"

She shook her head, "No, no, no, no, n-"

"YAY! Suzuna-chan! Tobi is a good boy! Tobi is a good boy! Tobi is a go-"

"Shut the hell up!" She hissed, unconsciously activating her Kekkei-Genkai. Thorn covered vines shot up, and slammed Tobi against the wall, knocked unconscious.

Suzuna turned to Deidara, "Just take me to your damn leader so we can get this shit over with." He smiled and dragged her away, with Sasori in tow.

Keiko's P.O.V.

"Right. So you guys are gonna be going to the Frost village?" I asked, sitting on Pein's desk, swinging my legs occasionally. He nodded, "We will be going to gather some much needed supplies."

"We also need to check up on the hideout back there as well, so that might add a few more days to the count." Konan said. I added four more days to the chart.

Currently, there was about two weeks worth of me being leader. It would take them three days to get there and back, so that's almost an entire week; Then one day to find somewhere to stay; Two days to get the supplies; about four days to check up on the base.

"So about two weeks, correct?" I asked, handing Pein the chart. He ran through the data and smirked, handing it back to me. "I hope you don't kill any of them while we're gone..."

"No promises." I grinned. There was a knock on the door. My eyes snapped up as I felt an unrecognized chakra. "Enter." Pein said, leaning forward slightly. He probably sensed it too.

Deidara, Sasori and a young girl with white hair and tanned skin entered. The girl looked at Pein with a strange look.

"Leader-sama, I have a request, un." Deidara spoke up. Pein motioned for him to continue. "I would like to request for Suzuna Tsubaki to join the Akatsuki, yeah."

Pein looked at him for a moment before speaking, "You will need two others to vouch for her."

Deidara froze. He turned to Sasori and looked at him with pleading eyes, making the puppet grimance. "I vouch for her to join." He said, "Happy?" Deidara nodded with joy.

His glee flattered seeing as he thought that no one else would vouch. He didn't really talk to me much, except on missions, so he wouldn't think that I would. Well, will you? Hoji asked.

"Hell yeah I will."

What's with the spitfire attitude, kid?

"I'm not sure...maybe it's the energy she's giving off..."

Whatever you say kid.

"I vouch for Suzuna Tsubaki to join the Akatsuki." I said. Pein caught my eye, he studied me for a moment before nodding.

"Deidara, Keiko. She will be your responsibility. I expect her to be in your sights at all times." He said.

The girl, who stared at me skeptically, took in a shaky breath. "But I don't wanna be here!" I looked at her with a form of pity, that wasn't exactly pity. It was more like...ano...sadness?