Chapter 32: "Suzuna Tsubaki"

Omniscient P.O.V.

"What! No! I'm not doing it, hm!" Deidara shouted.

Pein was handing out missions to everyone(except for himself, Konan, Tobi and the Hoshigaki twins), and he was not about to make an exception just because Deidara didn't wanna go back to Iwagakure.

"Deidara." Pein spoke, making the blond stop ranting and screeching. "I don't believe we gave you a choice, now did we?"

He growled, "But Keiko gets to make her own decisions and she's been here for what!? A month or two!?"

"Keiko," he paused for a moment to recollect himself. "Keiko is an untamed force. Not even Kisame, Itachi nor I can say no to her..."

"That's because Kisame still feels guilty for not being there for her. Itachi knows that she knows what she's doing. And you...your just scared that she would beat you into a pulp if you did." Sasori stated, a bland look on his face.

"Just take the mission and get out..." Pein whispered. Deidara was about to object, "I SAID GET THE HELL OUT NOW BEFORE I MAKE KEIKO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!" In three seconds, the blond and ginger were running out the base.

Keiko sat in the shadows of his office and smirked as he fell back into his chair letting out a sigh of relief, "One day...I'm going to make you leader for a week. See how you like it!" He shouted at her. Keiko's smirk just grew wider by the second.

"Lovely. Now, when will this be announced to the members?" She leaned on one of her elbows. He looked up at her and then dropped his head, "Soon. I'll make a mission for me and Konan saying that it's for a week or two and were leaving them in your care..."

Keiko smiled slightly as she exited the room, "Lovely."

                                             ***

"Mou~ Sasori-danna, why can't I just patrol the skies like I usually do, un?" Deidara groaned, floating next to his partner on one of his clay birds. Sasori let out a sharp sigh, yet said nothing to the blond.

The duo walked on, passing several mutilated bodies. Deidara covered his mouth and tried his best not to stare at the grotesque scenery. Sasori simply wondered about who, or what, could have made such a mess.

The ground bellow the two began to shake violently, not bothering Deidara, seeing as he was floating on his clay bird. However, for Sasori it was difficult to stay on track, and there was no way in hell would he get on Deidara's 'art'.

"Earth abys" A feminine voice spoke up, making Sasori get pulled down, into the ground. However, it didn't feel painless for the human puppet. He hissed at her silently.

"Deidara...good to see you again. What brings you to the outlands of Iwa?" A cloaked figure jumped a good twenty feet away from them, leaving Sasori half into the earth. He wriggled out of his puppet and glared at her, casually flipping his red hair.

"Suzuna...it's been long, hasn't it, hm? I'm good, we came here for a mission, to look for---"

"A scroll? Like, this scroll right here?" She grinned, pulling out a cream coloured scroll and held it in front of her face mockingly. Deidara watched as the wind blew down her hood, revealing her unusual white hair and her fire coloured eyes.

Sasori moved out a scroll to summon his puppets, but Suzuna was slightly faster and didn't give him a chance to summon before she attacked. "Puranto Seigyo." Her eyes began to glow, and a set of thorn covered vines sprung from the ground and wrapped around Sasori.

She grinned maniacally, "Now, how should you meet your demise? Death by fire? How about I drown you? Or maybe I could strangle you with these very vines?"

Deidara couldn't help be laugh at his partners facial expressions when she listed the options. "Eh, heh! Sasori my man, she got you good, yeah!"

Suzuna couldn't help but blush at the comment he made, but none the less she centered her attention on the uncomfortable red headed man before her.

"So, Suzuna, how about it? You wanna join the Akatsuki, un?" He asked, making her avert her gaze from Sasori. "I'm sorry, Deidara, but that type of life isn't for me. I have no issue with killing, but I want---no, I need to be free."

"Eh!? But I swear, you will be free, hm!"

"I'm not risking it, especially if that stupid dango-stealing Uchiha is still there..."

"Well, there are technically two of them now." Sasori cut in, shivering at the sight of Keiko beating Deidara and himself for trying to take her dango.

"Even more of a reason for me not to join!"

"Well, if your not gonna join peacefully, consider this our only option." Sasori said, twitching his fingers as the chakra strings to her body. He smirked and forced her to cut the vines so that he was now free.

He tied her up with the chakra strings and threw her to Deidara, "Lets go." Deidara smirked down at Suzuna, "Now we can be best friends again, yeah!"

She let out a sigh, blushing slightly. 'At least we're together again..."

                                                ***

Sasori left to Pein's office, where Keiko and Tobi were chatting with each other silently at his desk. Sasori threw the scroll to Keiko. "I see that your keeping your end of our bargain." She said, sparing him a final glance before her turned to leave.

"Of course I am. I suppose that all this if for your end, eh?" She grinned  His remark and waved him off, continuing her conversation with Tobi. Pein was However not in the room. Instead, he kept himself locked in his room planning out the two week mission away from those 'Blundering behemoth's'.

A/N- Congrats to Hater777 for getting the position...I just hope that InvaderElectric is cool with this too....