White Christmas ❄️

"Merry Christmas, babe," RJ whispered to his sleeping wife the next morning.

Dei opened one eye and looked at RJ. He was staring at her, caressing her cheek, and there was a happy smile on his face. "Merry Christmas," she whispered back, moving closer to him and snuggling deeper into his chest.

"First Christmas together, huh?" he murmured.

"Yep, and I'm loving it already," she whispered.

They heard shouts and laughter from the grounds outside and Dei glanced at the window. The sun was already up and she guessed the time to be around mid-morning.

"I think my siblings have already arrived," RJ said. He adjusted his position and pulled Dei so she was resting her head on his chest. "Let's stay here for a little while longer and enjoy the peace before we meet the craziness downstairs."

"Hmmm..." Dei agreed.

A tiny squeal of laughter rang from downstairs and RJ lifted his head at once. "I think my favorite little guy is here too," he said.

Dei looked up at him and saw the excited smile on his face. She grinned and kissed his cheek, finding his excitement for a baby much more endearing now. And then she remembered something.

"Babe, how come you didn't tell me about Ken and Beth having a baby?" she asked.

"I forgot," he answered.

"No, seriously," she pushed and RJ sighed.

"I wanted you to find out for yourself and not from me. I mean isn't it on Facebook yet? I didn't want you to feel pressured just because I was the one telling you about it," he answered.

"I wouldn't have been pressured," Dei said softly. "I don't mind talking about it now, remember?"

RJ shrugged. "But I do mind," he replied shortly. "So please, let's avoid talking about it. I understand what you want, I respect it, and I'm willing to wait."

"Okay," she murmured.

He glanced at her and saw the hurt look on her face. "Hey..." he said, holding her chin and tilting her face up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you mad," she said.

"Babe, I'm not mad," he said kissing her forehead. "Just... let's not talk about babies for now, alright? Or about us having one. Don't pressure yourself. I'm happy the way we are now."

Dei heaved a huge sigh and gave him a small smile. "Okay..."

"Let's go down now and meet them?" he asked.

"Sure."

They found Rizza in the living room playing with Gavin when they came down the stairs. Terry was right beside her watching them.

"Hey, Terry!" they both greeted his cousin. She looked up and gave them both a smile.

"Did you just get here?" RJ asked as Dei sat beside Rizza and started playing with Gavin too.

"Half an hour ago. Mom and Dad are helping Aunt Rose and Uncle Rick with the barbecue outside," she replied.

"What about you, Riz?" He stayed standing by the stairway, leaning against the wall beside it, and discreetly watching Dei and Gavin.

"I just got here. I couldn't travel last night because of the snow," she answered.

"You should've texted me. I could've picked you up from your loft on our way here," he said. "Is Daniel here already?"