Ache

"Mom, how is she?" Dei asked as soon as they walked inside their unit and she saw Rose stepping out of the nursery.

"She's sleeping," Rose said in a hushed tone. "She had three small bottles of milk before she did."

"Did she cry a lot today?"

"Only in the morning after you left, but I surrounded her crib with your clothes and placed one on me every time I carried her so she could smell you. That calmed her down," Rose answered. "She just needed your scent."

"Thanks mom," she said gratefully as she gave Rose a hug. "I don't know what I would do without you. Don't worry, my parents are arriving soon so you can take a rest or you can alternately watch over Athena."

"Oh I don't mind watching Athena at all, Dei. I love every moment of it. She's such a sweetheart," Rose said, touching Dei's face when she let go. "I actually wish I could spend more time with her."

"Are you going to have dinner here, mom?" RJ asked.

"No, RJ, I have to drive by the grocery to pick something up for the house. Besides, your dad would want to have dinner with me," she said, smiling.

"I'll walk you to your car then," he said and Rose said goodbye.

Dei walked into the nursery and leaned on Athena's crib, watching her as she slept. She missed her so much the entire day, even longed for her shrill cry during her free time. She reached out her hand and touched her face very gently, careful not to wake her up. Her heart melted when she saw her smile in her sleep as her fingers brushed her cheek.

"I love you, princess," she whispered.

She felt RJ's hands on her waist a few minutes later and she turned to him, smiling while placing her index finger on her lips.

"How is she?" he whispered, placing his chin on her shoulder as Dei turned her gaze back at Athena.

"Still fast asleep," she murmured and she adjusted the blanket around Athena.

"Good," he whispered in her ear and she shuddered at the feel of his warm breath against one of the most sensitive spots on her body. "Take the baby monitor and let's go to our room," he said. "...please?" he added when she looked at him uncertainly.

She gave Athena one last lingering look before grabbing the baby monitor and allowing RJ to pull her to their bedroom. He was already unbuttoning his shirt with his left hand as they walked and Dei smiled inwardly at how excited he looked.

He turned around as soon as they stepped into the bedroom and seared her lips with a kiss. He held her by the waist while his other hand worked to remove the jacket sleeves off her arms.

"I hate winter season," he murmured as he struggled to remove her jacket. It was made of leather material and wrapped too tight around her arms.

"Why?" Dei asked, laughing a little.

"Because you have to wear so many layers of clothing on and it's making me freaking impatient," he muttered irritatedly as the garment got more stuck around her wrists.

Dei giggled. "Here, let me do it," she said as she carefully removed the jacket off. "You're too excited," she added.

"You know why," he muttered as he took off his shirt. "More than two months, Dei. That's the longest we've gone without doing it."