Fluff

AN: This is just a filler chapter since some are asking for updates and my mind's not working right at the moment. I also feel it's necessary that we don't jump to the next major event (storyline) that I was planning yet so we can establish the kind of life they have in New York, and hopefully this makes things a bit more realistic. I MIGHT post another chapter later when I find my brain cells back. Thanks for reading!

+++++

"Hi babe, how are you? Are you still at the mall with mom?" RJ asked on the phone.

"No, babe, we're done shopping. I'm back in the apartment now and mom had to drive back home right away because it's starting to snow hard and she didn't want to get stuck in the road on her way to North Bellmore. But Rizza's still here," Dei answered, smiling at RJ's sister as she picked the next box of gift up and placed it on top of the laid out gift wrapper.

"Heyyy RJ!!!" Rizza called from the other side of the coffee table. She and Dei were sitting cross-legged on the floor, getting a head start on the gift wrapping task.

"Oh, so she's back from her trip. Good," RJ replied. "Hey listen babe, I can't go home yet. We're still doing some deliberation on the material we're going to use for the project, and we're on the planning stage for the first ones that I've approved. It might take a couple more hours."

"Oh... okay," Dei replied. She already knew that RJ would come home late from work that day, but she was still hoping he'd be home earlier.

"I'm sorry, babe," RJ said. "But it's good that Rizza's there. I'm gonna ask her to stay with you till I get home."

"There's really no need, babe. I'm fine," Dei said quickly. RJ was being overly worried and protective again.

"I insist, Dei," RJ said firmly. "Let me talk to her."

"Okay," Dei sighed and held out the phone to his sister. "RJ wants to speak with you."

"Hey brother!" Rizza greeted when she got the phone.

"Hey... I need a favor from you, Riz," RJ began. "I won't be home until after 8. Can you stay with Dei until I get back? I don't want her feeling too lonely there. I'll drive you back to Brooklyn after dinner."

"Okay, no problem. But promise to drive me there. I'm not taking a cab that late in this weather," she said.

"Sure. Or you can sleep there for the night. You can use the spare bedroom," he suggested.

"I'd love to, but I can't. I have to go to NYU first thing tomorrow morning and my stuff is at the loft," she told him.

"Okay, then. Let's have a quick dinner when I get back and then I'll drive you home. Hand the phone back to Dei please," he said. "And thank you. I owe you," he added quickly.

"Sure, I'm keeping a list," Rizza said, laughing.

"Babe?" said Dei when she got the phone back.

"Babe, she'll stay there with you until I get back. I promise to go home as soon as I can, okay?" RJ said.

"Okay. Don't worry too much about me. Drive safely, babe."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you." Dei ended the phone call and placed the gadget on the coffee table with a sigh.

They spent the next hour wrapping more gifts and chatting about Rizza's recent trip to Vegas. They completed the whole task an hour before RJ arrived, and they began cooking dinner.