Celebrity Problems

"Congratulations, DeiJay, your adorable little princess just broke the internet!"

RJ's head snapped towards the door and he glared at the newcomer. "I didn't give any permission for Athena to do that live feed, Ray, and neither did Dei!" he blurted, looking at the staffer angrily.

"Oh," Ray said, stepping back from the door as he realized how angry RJ was. "I'll just let you sort this out calmly then."

"Mommy..." Athena's arms hugged tighter around Dei's neck as Ray hastily left, and she buried her face on her mom's shoulder.

Dei shot RJ a meaningful glare before walking out of Matt's office with Athena too. RJ sighed loudly as the door closed and turned his attention back to Matt. Matt was watching him carefully while trying to stand his ground.

"How dare you, Matt," RJ told him again. "Take that video down now, or I swear to god!"

"I will do that," Matt said, "but I just want to remind you, Faulkerson, in case you've forgotten, I'm still your boss, and I'm not gonna allow you to talk to me l--"

"You're supposed to be my friend too, Matt, and Athena's godfather! How could you be so thoughtless and careless, exposing her to online media like that! And without our permission? You bypassed us, Matt. This is my daughter we're talking about!" RJ exclaimed furiously, his fist slamming on Matt's desk.

"Look, RJ, I'm sorry. I admit, that was so thoughtless of me. I got so excited... and to be honest, I didn't think it would be this huge of a deal. I mean, both you and Dei are posting pictures of her on Instagram, on public accounts that have millions of followers worldwide," Matt reasoned out. "Athena is already as famous as you guys are even before this live feed, so I thought... Do you see the likes and comments on her pictures? Your fans love her so much too, and I don't blame them, Athena is such a gem! They want to see more of her, RJ, and as her godfather, I was just too eager to show her off --"

"But you have no right, Matt," RJ said through gritted teeth.

"I know, I realize that now, and I'm sorry. My excitement got the better of me. I should have waited for your approval first," Matt told him. "But RJ, I hope you'd consider this. Athena is a superstar, and she deserves to be known."

"Don't push it, Matt. You have no idea what you're talking about," RJ said, still completely worked up. "I'm not ready to share her to the world like that, and if we'd ever want to do that, we're not gonna do it with TrendBuzz. To hell with your marketing schemes! You don't own Athena, Matt, and TrendBuzz' DeiJay has long been over, ever since we moved here in New York!"

He gave Matt one last blistering look before yanking the door open, then he walked out and slammed the door behind him, leaving Matt completely perplexed.

+++++

"Hey..." RJ said as he walked into Dei's office and saw her sitting behind her desk with Athena. They were watching a video on Dei's laptop, both of them smiling widely, but their smiles dropped as soon as they heard him.

Athena looked at him warily, and Dei gave him a worried look too.

"What are you guys doing?" he asked.

"We're watching a replay of her live feed video," Dei said carefully, and sure enough, RJ heard Athena's singing voice from the laptop.