It's Time!

Hello 👋🏻☺️

+++++

"What are you doing, girls?" RJ asked when he stepped into the house from his overtime and found Dei and Athena sitting on the couch, looking preoccupied in front of a laptop.

"Daddy!" Athena exclaimed when she saw him. She ran to him at once and jumped in his arms.

"How are you, princess?" RJ asked, kissing her nose.

"Good."

"Hi, babe," Dei greeted him too with a smile as he approached her. He bent down to kiss her and she lifted her face to meet his lips. "We're looking for Halloween costume ideas for our Halloween party at TrendBuzz, and for when Athena goes trick or treating afterwards. Our little princess doesn't want to go as a Disney princess anymore."

"Really?" he asked, looking at the little one. "How come? You always go as a princess. You're our little princess, right?"

"Yes, but I'm a pwincess ow the time, I wanna be a supow hewow this time."

"Seriously? Who do you want to be?"

"Wondew Woman," Athena answered matter of factly, and with a huge grin on her face.

"What?" RJ looked at Dei, his eyebrows furrowed, trying to remember what Wonder Woman looked like. "Where'd she get that idea?"

"Rizza was watching it with her friends when we left Athena at her apartment yesterday. Apparently, she fell in love with the character."

"I wanna be stwong like Wondew Woman, and then I'm gowna kick the bad guys' butts!"

"Hey, watch your mouth, young lady," Dei said, chiding her. "Where'd you hear that?"

"Um... daddy."

Dei shot RJ a flat glare and he gently pinched Athena's nose as he cleared his throat. "That's not a very nice thing to say, princess," he told her, "especially by a very nice young lady like you. I don't wanna hear you saying that again, okay?"

"Okay," the little one muttered as RJ placed her back down and then went to sit beside Dei.

"Alright, show me the costumes, babe. I don't think I'd want Athena walking around New York in a Wonder Woman's suit."

"Don't be silly, of course she won't. I actually found this and she seems to like it," Dei said, showing him a photo of a little girl wearing a cute modest top that had Wonder Woman's logo on the chest, and a blue skirt with stars. "She'll look cute in this one."

"Yea, she will," he agreed. "That costume has my full approval," he added, grinning, and Dei rolled her eyes at him. "How about you? What are you going as?"

"That's what we're trying to look for when you arrived," she replied. "There really aren't a lot of ideas to choose from when your belly's as huge as mine. The best thing I can think of is a bumblebee costume."

"Cute," RJ said with a small chuckle.

"Or I can go as a very pregnant Catwoman."

"Hmmm..." RJ hummed pensievely.

"And who are you going as?"

"I dunno," he said distractedly. "Superman, Batman... if Athena's going as Wonder Woman, we might as well all show up as a family of Superheroes."

"Okay.... now, why are you looking at me like that?"

RJ cleared his throat again, leaned closer to her, and whispered, "Do you know where you can get that Catwoman costume ASAP?"