The Working Mom

RJ 💓 | 4:30 PM
Babe, I'm with Matt now. Tim and Kayla are following in their car and we will be there in 15 minutes. I hope our little princess isn't hungry now.

Sent to RJ 💓 | 4:32 PM
Lol, she's sleeping. I'll feed her through the bottle in case she gets hungry, but I pray that Matt doesn't wake her up. Mom already left but I was able to prepare something to eat, they can have an early dinner here.

After 15 minutes (maybe more)...

"DEIIII!" Matt screamed as soon as Dei opened the door to their unit and he gave her a big hug.

"Goddammit, Matt, I told you to be quiet, we have a sleeping baby here," RJ told him with a reproachful glare.

Dei laughed. "It's okay, babe, she's in the nursery. Matt, I missed you so much," she said, hugging him tighter.

"And I missed you so, Dei," Matt told her and then held her at arms length. "God, how can you still look so beautiful after giving birth?"

Dei rolled her eyes. "It has been a month, Matt. You should have seen me right after. I looked like I lost a boxing match," she said.

"Not true," RJ said, smiling as the doorbell rang again. "Aaaand Tim's here. Hi dude... and Kayla."

"Hi guys!" Dei said, hugging them both. "Where's baby Ezra?"

"At home. I thought about driving by to get him so we could take him here but the baby sitter said he was sleeping," Kayla said.

"That's okay. Athena is sleeping too," Dei said.

"I wanna see her. Oh please, I wanna see her," Matt said earnestly.

"But keep quiet okay?" RJ told him. "Dei's already tired. If you wake her up, you're staying here to babysit."

"I have no problem with that, Faulkerson," Matt said.

They carefully walked to the nursery and crept over to the crib where Athena was lying, deep in sleep.

"Oh my Lord, she's a beauty!" Matt whispered with his hands over his mouth, staring at Athena adoringly

"Oh my Lord, she's a beauty!" Matt whispered with his hands over his mouth, staring at Athena adoringly. "Are you sure I can't wake her up? I seriously want to hold her right now."

"Not now, Matt," RJ said sternly. "Maybe some other time."

"She's all Dei, I swear," Matt said, leaning against the crib to look at her closer while Dei, Kayla and Tim talked about Ezra's progress.