Results

"You're not eating," RJ noticed. He was watching Dei on the other side of the table. She was twirling her fork around the pasta but not really eating it.

Dei sighed. "I don't have the appetite," she said. "I'm tired, I wanna sleep early."

"You haven't eaten a single thing, babe. Is there anything wrong? Do we have a problem?" RJ asked, his eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

Dei smiled, amused by his excessive concern. "We don't, babe. And I'm fine. Just tired, too tired from work," she answered, and she took a forkful of the pasta to show him that she was okay. She realized it was a bad idea though, when, after she swallowed it, she got hit by an abrupt wave of nausea and she felt a sudden urge to throw up. She closed her eyes and gripped the edge of the table, willing for it to pass as she took slow deep breaths. It did after a few seconds and she sighed in relief.

"You're not well at all babe," RJ said worriedly. "What are you feeling? I think you may be coming down with a flu."

"I don't like the food," she muttered, shoving the plate away.

"That's seafood pasta, babe. You love pasta," RJ told her. "You know what, I think you're getting too stressed out from work that it's killing your appetite, which isn't right. Aren't they overloading you? It's either that, or you're grilling yourself too much again."

"These first few months of the year are really hectic, babe, and I'm okay with it. Sometimes it just gets too exhausting but I can handle it." she said simply as she started playing with the food again. A thought suddenly crossed her mind as she stared at the pieces of shrimp and mushroom on her pasta and she started chewing on her lip. "What's the date today, babe?" she asked.

"February 23, why?" he asked, taking a bite from his lamb chops.

"I-I just remembered something," she said quietly. She had been too busy with work lately that she hadn't realized that her period's been delayed for more than a week already. And all these discomfort she was experiencing, she realized that they could actually be symptoms of...

"Are you alright?" he asked, looking at her thoughtful expression.

"I think I may call in sick tomorrow," she told him.

"It's that bad?" he asked, looking at her with concern. "See, if I hadn't pushed it you probably wouldn't have told me that's how bad it is. And you probably would still go on working. Are you seeing the doctor tomorrow?"

"I'm not sure, I really just want to rest," she answered, not looking at him.

RJ sighed. "You need to eat before you sleep, babe. Do you wanna try this?" he asked, gesturing at his food. "Or I can cook some soup for you. Do you want soup?"

"Yes, some chicken noodle soup sounds nice," she answered.

"Okay," he said and he went to prepare it for her right away.

She was able to eat two bowls of it and RJ let her sleep early while he took care of the dishes.

She wasn't able to sleep right away though, her mind was filled with thoughts about the possibility of being pregnant. She was feeling all kinds of emotions at that moment: excitement, anticipation, anxiety and fear... she was also very anxious about how RJ would react if she turned out to be pregnant indeed.

"You're still up," RJ said as he lay down beside her. "You feeling okay?" he asked, kissing her shoulder gently and spooning her.