Clingies

After a full week of bed rest, Dei was finally allowed to go back to work. Like RJ had promised, he allowed her to continue her work at home during her break. She focused solely on helping the writing pool, assisting them in putting together some story lines for their next projects. Still, she missed being in the office, so her first day back at work actually got her so excited.

"Aw you show yow okay now mommy? Babies not making you sick anymow?" Athena asked as she watched her put some make up on in the mirror.

Dei smiled at her thoughtfulness and kissed her lightly on her cheeks. "Yes, princess, mommy's feeling better. The babies are more behaved now because Ate Athena told them so."

Athena beamed at her words and then looked curiously at the lipstick she was sliding on her lips.

"Was that mommy?"

"This is called a lipstick," Dei answered.

"A wipstick? Why you putting it on yow mouth?"

"Well... I put these make-ups to make me look pretty," Dei told her, amused by her curiosity.

"But yow owredi pretty mommy."

Dei smiled again. "You're so sweet, princess. Well, mommy's been sick, right? And that made mommy look so pale. So I need these to add some colors on my face and I won't look so sick anymore."

Athena nodded, looking thoughtful. "Wiw they make Teena wook pwetty too?"

Dei laughed and pinched her cheek. "You are already very pretty, princess, and you don't need to add color on your face because your lips are already so red and you already have this natural blush on your beautiful cheeks --"

"Yep, just like your mommy," RJ said, stepping out of their walk in closer. He walked up to Athena and carried her in his arms. "Please stop being curious about these things, princess, and please don't grow up too fast, you're gonna give me a heart attack."

"Let her be, babe. Let her be curious, there's nothing wrong with it," Dei told him.

RJ sighed and kept his mouth shut. He wasn't gonna argue with Dei about that.

"Can I come wif you to the office, daddy?" Athena asked, touching his face with her little hands.

"Not today, princess. It's quite hectic at the office and we won't be able to watch you. Next time. Uncle Matthew said you can come next time."

Athena smiled and looped her arms around his neck, and he kissed her cheek gently.

"Are you ready to go, babe? You sure you're feeling alright?"

"I am, yes," Dei said while flashing him a reassuring smile.

She stood up and they all went downstairs.

"Bye mommy, bye daddy," Athena said sadly as she stood by the door, watching her mom and dad get into the car.

"Bye princess, don't give granny a hard time, okay?" Dei said.

"Oh she never does," Rose said. "I'll take her to North Bellmore after lunch okay?"

"Okay, mom, we'll pick her up there."

The couple slid into their seats inside the car and started driving away.

++++++

"Wow babe, do we have anyone joining us? Those meals can feed more than five people," Dei remarked as she watched RJ laying the food on their table. It was their lunch break and RJ had accompanied her to the cafeteria.