Back in Manila

"So what time are you arriving at the terminal?" Coleen asked Dei on the phone.

"9PM," Dei answered, the phone cradled between her shoulder and her ear as she held Athena in one arm while preparing her food at the same time. "No, princess, don't hold it just yet. Don't --" Athena squirmed, irritated at not being able to get what she wanted and accidentally kicked the bowl of banana and cereals Dei was preparing on the kitchen counter. "Athenaaa..." she said sternly.

"Everything alright?" Coleen asked.

"Not quite," Dei said, sighing. "Give me a minute, I'll just put her in her play pen."

She went to the living room and placed Athena inside the play pen that they had assembled for her a few weeks ago. Athena crawled to her toys at once and started sucking them.

"Geez, when will you stop doing that to your toys? Now stay there while I prepare your food. Alright, baby?"

"Hello, Coleen?" she said as she picked the phone back up. "But everything is set for the party now right? No more problems?"

"Yep! I took care of them and made sure everything is ready. All we need is the celebrant and we're so excited to meet her. She's very well now right?" Coleen asked.

"Yep! And I hope we never encounter that same nightmare again. Now you be ready, when your little one comes out make sure you are prepared for all these kinds of nightmares. You have to be strong," Dei told her sister.

"Stop scaring me, Dei, although the pregnancy itself is already a nightmare to be honest. I think our toilet and I now are on a different level of relationship," Coleen complained.

"Been there, done that," Dei said as she put away the rag she used to wipe the floor. "Now speaking of nightmares, I hope Athena's first flight won't turn into one."

++++++

They arrived at the Manila airport at 9PM on a Thursday, two days before Athena's birthday celebration.

The flight had been uneventful since Athena decided to be on her best behavior the whole 20 hours of flight. Maybe it was because they had made sure to bring enough baby food (with less sugar), toys and nappies inside their carry on and that's why it was so easy to manage her.

On their first day back in Manila, Dei and RJ decided to meet up with their friends to personally remind them about the party.

They saw Ken and Beth at a coffee shop first, and met their two year old son Khalil, who seemed very keen on staying with Athena.