Now What?

"Babe? Wake up..."

RJ stirred as he felt Dei's tiny kisses all over his face. He slowly opened his eyes and almost had to shut them again instantly because of the bright sunlight coming from the window.

"What time is it?" he asked sleepily.

"It's almost 9AM," Dei answered.

"What? Shoot we're late for work!" RJ exclaimed. He sat up at once, feeling completely awake in an instant.

Dei giggled and touched his bare chest with his hand. "Relax babe, it's a Saturday. It's our day off."

He groaned and slumped back on the bed. "God, I can't remember the last time I've stayed in bed this late," he muttered, his arm placed over his eyes to shield them from the bright light.

"You were very tired," Dei said. "I saw how deep your sleep was so I let you sleep in. I know how much you need it. And I brought you some breakfast in bed." She gestured her hand to the breakfast tray on the bedside table as RJ lifted his arm from his eyes. He smiled.

"Thank you babe," he said, finally looking at her and running his hand up and down her arm that was propped beside him on the bed. "I missed my workout this morning though."

"That's okay, you're getting a lot of workout these days anyway. Especially at night," she said grinning.

"You're right," he said smiling himself. "Come here," he said, holding out his arms for a hug and Dei carefully laid down beside him and wrapped her arm around his waist.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her.

"Alright," she replied. She looked up and planted a kiss on his jaw.

"And how's your little tenant down there?" he asked, touching her already bulging tummy.

"That's a weird thing to call our baby," she chided although there was a smile on her face.

"Woah!" he exclaimed, his eyes wide as he felt a movement below his palm that was placed on on her belly.

"See, apparently she didn't like that too," Dei said, giggling.

RJ crawled down and lifted her shirt up just below her chest and started kissing her tummy. "I'm sorry, baby... daddy didn't mean that," he whispered. He softly caressed her whole belly and again he saw a tiny ripple of movement a little below her belly button. "God this is so amazing, babe," he whispered in awe. "We will be finding out its gender today, right?"

"Yes, and that's why I had to wake you up already. My appointment's at 11:30," she said, watching her husband stare at her belly with a complete look of wonder. At that moment he looked like a five year old who just discovered something really amazing.

RJ kissed her tummy one last time and sat up again. He sighed and kissed her once on the lips. "Thank you, babe," he whispered.

"For what?"

"For letting me have this... this wonderful feeling. Thanks for carrying our baby. You're amazing," he said as he gave her another kiss.

"Awww... you're welcome babe. And thank you for being the most supportive, patient and loving dad-to-be in the whole world. Baby and I are lucky to have you," she said with a teary smile, getting worked up with emotions again.

"Those are happy tears, right?" he teased and she laughed.

"Of course," she answered.

RJ picked the breakfast tray up and placed it on the bed. "Join me, babe," he said as he handed her a piece of grapes.