Peacemaker

© RM020316 for the header pic

~~~~~

A day after their flight from the Philippines, Dei and RJ had to go back to work right away. Although they had already finished some videos before they left, their team now had to start pitching ideas for their mini productions for the month of December. The only problem was, Athena had so much fun spending time with her mom and dad during their short vacation, that on the morning of their first day back at work, the little one was just being unbelievably clingy.

"Babe, is mom coming or are we dropping Athena off?" Dei asked as she walked into the kitchen, carrying Athena on her side. The little one had her head resting on Dei's shoulders, both her arms around her mom's neck, and her legs wrapped around her waist too. She looked like a koala bear who couldn't let go of her tree.

"I think we need to drop her off. How is she?" RJ asked, looking up from the pan where he was cooking their breakfast.

"Here," Dei said, showing Athena's position. "Still crying and still won't let me go."

"Aww, princess. Mommy and daddy has to go to work."

"No wowk," Athena sniffed. "Teena wants stay wif mommy and daddy pwease."

"Princess, if we don't go to work, Daddy's boss is gonna get angry," Dei softly said, looking at her.

"Teena angwy wif daddy's boss too."

Dei laughed and kissed her nose. "But daddy's boss is Uncle Matthew."

Athena pouted and just snuggled deeper into Dei's neck.

"Do you want to stay here and play with Iya or do you want to go to Granny's house?"

"Hmmm... pway wif Ewza and Iya."

"But Ezra's still in the hospital, princess."

Athena let out a deep, disappointed sigh. She couldn't seem to get any of the things she wanted lately.

"Why don't we just open that playhouse Tita Panda bought you. I'll help you assemble it now and then you and Iya can play with it.

"Kay," Athena said sadly after several beats.

"Daddy and I will come home early and then we'll play with you too okay?"

"Kay."

When they drove away an hour and a half later, they could see Athena standing against the door frame, watching them leave with quivering lips and sad eyes.

"Maybe once she gets to toddler school her periodic clinginess would go away," Dei said as she watched Athena's sad face from the side mirror.

"Yea, about that. I think we need to discuss that further. I really don't think she's ready yet," RJ said thoughtfully.

"You think so?" she asked turning to him.

"Yea. She's too small. And I'm not quite ready for it too. Let's wait till next year. She can continue learning stuff at home."

"Aww, daddy RJ," Dei said, pinching his cheek as she laughed.

+++++

"Stop checking out my ass, Mr. President," Dei said, glancing back at RJ as they walked into their and towards the elevator.

"It's kinda hard not too, Ms. VP," Richard murmured, stepping to walk beside her. "You really had to wear that skirt on our busiest day huh? How do you expect me to focus?"