Chapter 15: Trying to End it

MARINETTE'S POV

Well, I'm going to be early to school... awkward days have been passing by. I was actually able to have a complete breakfast today, and I have been walking around for a stroll. I'm finally headed towards school. I guess I could count that as one lucky thing. And, as I mentioned before, I will stop liking or crushing on any guys. I think today I'll take down Adrien's pictures that I put on my wall and change my desktop screen. Today, I decided to wear black leggings with a green shirt that had a paw on it. I didn't realize how many clothes I had designed with kitty paws on it. I remember I used to just love cats. I also decided to have my hair down, but every time I transform to Ladybug I'm going to have to put my hair back into pigtails.

"Hey, girl. I guess I'm going to have to get used to you actually coming to school early," Alya greeted me interrupting my thoughts.

"Well, I think I have just been lucky these past days," I replied.

"Well, guess who else arrived early," Alya pointed towards Nino and Adrien.

"Well, that's nice, but I'm giving up my crush on Adrien."

"Girl are you serious?! Then prove it," Alya said.

"Prove it?" I questioned.

"Go talk to him without stuttering," Alya challenged me.

I saw Alya texting.

"Who are you texting?"

"I just texted Nino to come here and bring Adrien."

Normally, I would get flustered and all panicky, but my mind is set on not having any more crushes because of my fear of rejection. "Okay. I just don't really know what to talk about. But, I'll try to think of something."

"I guess you're serious about ending your crush on Adrien... " Alya said disappointedly.

"Well at least now we get to focus on you and Nino," I said truly enjoying this moment. Adrien and Nino were making their way toward us.

"Morning, Marinette and Alya," Adrien said.

"Morning, Nino and Adrien," I responded back without a stutter. Not having a crush on Adrien truly releases all the nervousness I had before, but I can't help feel a twinge of attraction towards him.

"I'm so glad it's Friday," Alya said to spark a conversation, "Are you guys doing anything this weekend."

"Well, I have nothing planned. How about you, Adrien?" Nino asked.

"This weekend I am actually free from those photo shoots," Adrien said with relief.

I then remembered that I was going to a play tomorrow.

"Well, tomorrow, I'm going to a play. It's in honor of Ladybug and Chat Noir. My parents kind of bought me tickets. They were supposed to come along with me and their three friends, but they are all busy. Maybe you all can come instead," I suggested.

"Okay we will definitely go," Adrien said while nodding with Nino.

"So in total, I have five extra tickets. One for Nino, Adrien, and Alya... but I need to invite two more people..." I accidentally said aloud.

Adrien, Nino, and Alya ended up laughing. I blushed of embarrassment.

"Hey, don't laugh at me," I pouted, and they just laughed harder. I eventually joined in. As I laughed, I couldn't help but think if I should invite Felix since he is a new student and Nathaniel since he bought me dinner that one time. Those seem like reasonable reasons. The bell rang and we started walking towards our classes.

ADRIEN'S POV

Hmm... Marinette did not stutter at all while talking or just being with me...I feel glad because it makes me feel better that she is not scared of me or anything... but I have to admit, I missed her stuttering. Nino, Alya, Mari, and I are walking to class together. I somehow ended up walking side by side with Mari while Alya and Nino were talking side by side... but actually rather than talking, they seem to be whispering... they seem really close together. Besides that, it feels nice walking side by side with Mari. I feel... comfort and at peace, but I feel this sudden urge to hold her hand. I ended up staring at her, and I guess she noticed that she turned towards me and asked, "Umm do I have something on my face???" She tilted her head questionably. I decided yesterday to keep my heart only for Ladybug, but Mari is making this so difficult.

"I-it's nothing... I mean there's nothing on your face," I answered trying to keep my cool.

"Okay just making sure," Mari said.

ALYA'S POV

"It looks as if their roles have switched," Nino whispered to me.

"I know right, and guess what Marinette told me," I whispered back to Nino.

"What happened? What did she say?"

"When we were talking, she told me that she is ending her crush on Adrien. So I told her to prove it by making you and Adrien come to us so that I can see if she would still stutter around him. But, she didn't stutter one bit!"

"What are we going to do! Adrien told me that he is starting to like Marinette, but he really loves Ladybug."

"Well, are we still going to try and get them together?"

"Yeah. This time it's not to help Marinette but to help Adrien's confused heart to choose Marinette."

We both nodded to each other. I'm kind of glad because doing this keeps Nino and I in touch. I am actually starting to like Nino. I just wonder if he feels the same about me... I will definitely gain Nino's heart...

NINO'S POV

I just love it when Alya has a determined look on her face. She may drive me crazy when she calls me for every little thing..., yet I can't help but feel in peace knowing that she calls me and not any other guys to rely on. I just don't know how she feels about me. I wish I could just read her mind and find out who she likes...

MARINETTE'S POV

All of us were almost there in the classroom. It was weird walking side by side with Adrien, yet it felt calming not getting nervous because he was my crush. We all then walked into the classroom. Ugh, and of course Chloe is here.

"Adrikins!!!!!" Chloe yelled shoving me past her. I rolled my eyes and just went to my seat. It's not that I'm angry Chloe is all over Adrien, it's just the fact that she shoved me. She is just so annoying. Since Alya was still talking with Nino. I decided to go talk to Felix. 

Okay, so here's the next chappy. Possibly one more for today! Ilysm! <3