Chapter 25 Sunday Family and... Who?

MARINETTE'S POV

I turn to see my alarm. I feel refreshed knowing that Adrien was here. But I hope he didn't see my face in the morning. Too bad he left already. I wonder where he slept? Did he come to my bed? Hmm... too bad nothing happened. Hmm? Is that a note? It must be from Adrien. The note said: Good morning my purrincess. I'm sorry I didn't get to give you your morning kiss. I had to go back home. Thank you for letting me sleep with you. I'll see you soon.

I love him so much. I can't wait to see him later if we are able to meet up or even at school tomorrow. This is the best Sunday ever. Usually, I dread to go to school the next day, but this time, now that I'm Adrien's girlfriend, I just can't wait to see him. I mean, no one knows yet, but maybe we will tell our friends tomorrow? Or should we wait a bit more just in case people compare us to our hero forms? Well, we could just talk about it soon.

"Marinette! Are you awake? Can you help us with the preparations?!" I heard my mom call for me.

"I'm coming!" I answered. Usually, I take a bit longer to get ready, after all, I'm not a morning person. But, thinking about Adrien is giving me an energy boost. I change into my usual clothing, brush my teeth, wash my face, and fix my hair into pigtails. I head downstairs to see my mom and dad already preparing to open the bakery.

"Good morning!" I said happily to my parents.

"Good morning, sweetie! You seem more energetic than usual," my mom said with a smirk on her face. I can see my dad nodding in agreement with the same smirk on his face.

"W-what? I didn't even notice. T-today just feels like a great day."

"It must be because of the guy that walked you back home last night," my dad told me. He continued, "He also must be pretty happy since you hugged him last night."

"D-did you both see that? I-I didn't know what else to do. Do you think I did the wrong thing?"

"Of course not sweetie. You are becoming a grown lady. That young gentleman is welcomed inside. Next time, you can just invite him in," my mom assured me.

"Enough about this love stuff. Before we open up the bakery, you want to go a couple rounds on the game?" my dad asked.

"Of course! I won't be going easy on you!" I answered. My mom chuckled as my dad and I head to the other room to play the game. Of course, I won him each time.

"Okay, the bakery is open now!" I heard my mom yell.

"Well, I guess it's our time to go help your mom out."

I nodded in agreement. We both get our aprons. For as long as I can remember, it has always been like this. I am dearly loved by my parents. Sometimes, I wish for a sibling, but I get enough attention to not feel lonely. Plus, I have my best friend Alya who is like a sister to me. Now, I also have Tikki. I sneak in a cookie in my purse.

"Here you go Tikki. Sorry if breakfast took a bit longer to get," I whispered to Tikki.

"It's okay. I love hearing you and your family enjoying each other's presence," Tikki whispered back before she closed my purse.

So many of my classmates actually come by my family's bakery, after all, my parents are great at baking. They are both so passionate. On the corner of my eye, I see my mom decorating some cupcakes as my dad lovingly stared at her. I love their relationship. I hope to have a relationship like theirs one day.

I hear the bell ring signaling our first customer of the day. "Good morning! How may I help you?" I said politely. I look up to see that its Juleka and Rose.

"Hey, Marinette. We are here for your delicious macaroons," Pink said as Juleka nodded in agreement.

"Of course. Would you like the package that has all flavors or do you want one flavor in particular?"

"Can we get the box that has all flavors?" Juleka asked.

"Okay. Give me a minute." I go to the counter that has the box of macaroons they want.

"Here you go. That'll be $7," I told them. They gave me the money and say thank you. Then, we all say our goodbyes. Thereafter, there were more customers. The best part about being the cashier for the bakery is seeing the people that enjoy our baked goods. Some frowns even turn into smiles once they get and eat the baked goods.

The day went by so fast. I thought I would be able to see Adrien today, but he didn't come by. I wonder how he spent his Sunday? Hopefully, he's okay. Since it's Sunday, we usually close the bakery early.

"Marinette, your father and I are going to the market to restock on things we need. Make sure to lock up," I heard my mom say to me.

"Okay, I will. Don't worry!"

I heard the bell signaling they left. I turned the sign to say that the bakery is closed and I locked the door. Then, I cleaned the area and put the bakery goods away.

"Phew, what a day. There were many people today. I'm glad I got to see more people smiling."

"That's great Marinette! I wish I could have been on your shoulder looking at the people too," Tikki told me.

"Don't think that I forgot about you Tikki. I saved you this cookie. My mom put all her love into this one."

"Thanks, Marinette!"

Tikki was sitting on the counter as I continued to clean. I wonder what Adrien is doing right now. It's good that no one was akumatized today, but I want to see Adrien. Did Adrien already get tired of me? Did his father find out he wasn't home? I hope I didn't get him in trouble. All of a sudden, Tikki goes to hide into my purse, and I hear a knock. Hmm, it can't be Adrien as Chat Noir because he usually comes to the roof to knock on the trapdoor above my room... unless he saw me. I hope it's him. I walk towards the door to see who it is.

As soon as I realized who it was, I opened the door.

"Omg, it's been so long since I've seen you! I missed you so much! And your hair got longer!"

"Yes, I'm back."

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... 

Finally, it's winter break. Oof, I hope I got good enough grades. I tried. Sorry, this chappy couldn't be any longer. ;-; I had to quickly type it up since I just finished this weeks testing. Anyway, Merry early Christmas! Hope everyone has a great Christmas. I can't wait to write more for this fanfiction. Thank you to everyone reading this fanfic! Ilysm Minna! <3