Chapter 23 The Play

MARINETTE'S POV 

I can't believe Nathaniel confessed to me. Is that what he wanted to tell me after the play? I feel so bad. I never thought I would have to reject someone. I feel Tikki tapping from inside my little bag. I open it ever so slightly.

"Don't worry Marinette. I'm sure he will be fine. He got your true answer, but he is going to need some time," Tikki whispered to me.

"Thanks, Tikki. You always know how to cheer me up."

"Your welcome, Marinette. Oh, and can you buy me a cookie. I'm starting to get hungry." I laughed.

"Don't worry I was already planning on getting you a cookie."

Luckily, it's pretty loud in the line and no one is really paying attention to me talking to my bag. Obviously, no one would know that Tikki is in my bag. I finally get the water for Adrien along with extra beverages just in case anyone wants something to drink. And of course, I got Tikki her cookies.

Too bad they didn't have any bags. I didn't take the time to hold everything in a way that is stable so I wouldn't drop anything. I continued making my way to where the play will be at. I'm almost there! Clumsy me didn't drop anything so far. Then, as if I jinxed myself, I bumped into a guy and end up dropping all the bottled drinks. Thank goodness they are all in bottles.

"I am so sorry! I'm really clumsy!" I quickly said to the guy I bumped into. He has crystal-like eyes and the tips of his hair are kind of aqua while the top of his hair is black. He has kind of a laid back chill aura.

"Don't worry about it. Just be careful on your way to your seat," the guy told me. I started to pick up the bottles and he helped me. "Hey, um do you need help taking these to your friends? I'm guessing you're not going to drink these all yourself.

I laughed. "Your right, I'm here with friends. I definitely can't drink all these myself. Also, I think I can manage to take them all myself. Oh, but can you help me somehow stack them in my arms in a way that won't fall."

"Yeah of course," he said without hesitation. He started to stack the bottles in my arm. At one point, his hand lightly brushed against my arm. "Oh, sorry. Anyway, that was the last one. Is that good?"

"O-oh, yeah it's fine. I will b-be able to make it to my seat this time." He chuckled.

"Well, good luck then," he told me as he walked away.

"Thanks!" I exclaimed as he walked away.

"That guy was really nice, but don't start gaining a crush on someone you just met," I heard Tikki say.

"I won't! It's just that I got nervous when I felt his skin on mine. I'm sure anyone would feel that way!"

Yeah, that's right. I'm really not experienced with guys. Any handsome guy can make any girl blush.

I finally make it to the entrance door. I guess Adrien was awaiting my return because he was already looking my way. He immediately made his way to me.

"You should have called me so I could have helped you!" he exclaimed at me.

"No, it's fine. Don't worry, you know I'm strong. Also, you seem sick, so I didn't want to trouble you," I explained. He took away some of the bottles I had stacked.

"I don't want my purrincess getting hurt," he whispered into my ear and I blushed.

We make it to our seats. Then, someone walks to the front of the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the show is going to start in five more minutes. Please start getting to your seats. Thank you!" The announcer said.

"I can't wait until it starts so I can learn about the heroes of Paris that saved us from the akumatized person at school," Felix said.