Chapter 10

- Brooke's POV -

I liked Max, he seemed nice for a shadow. Honestly, I wish he would have made himself known to me earlier in life, it would have really helped. I feel safer knowing that he's with me now though. It had been a very eventful day, two lovely murders, Alisha's new pet, and now Max. I glanced over at Carisma, who was getting comfy on the couch. I laid my head down and could feel my eyelids grow heavier and I drifted off to sleep.

- Time Skip -

I was woken up suddenly by Yvanna's screams. I jolted up in panic and looked around for the cause of Yvanna's screaming. What I did see was Alisha chasing Yvanna with Eclipse. I put my hand on my head and sighed in annoyance. "What in the HELL are you idiots doing?!" I exclaimed. Yvanna and Alisha stopped what they were doing and shifted their attention to me.

"Good morning!" Alisha greeted me. I gave her an annoyed look, she smiled sheepishly and resumed chasing Yvanna. I suddenly got an idea.

"Max?" I whispered and I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I looked to my right and saw Max siting on the couch next to me, watching Alisha and Yvanna.

"You called?" Max whispered.

"Alisha and Yvanna don't know about you yet. Can you scare them for me?" I asked, resisting the urge to laugh. Max smiled and changed into a small cloud of black smoke and floated over where Alisha and Yvanna were. "Alisha?!" I shouted, grabbing the two girls attention. Max reverted back to his shadow form and held up a thumbs up, signalling that he was ready. "Turn round!" I held back my laughter.

"Hello." Max sprung. Alisha screamed her lungs off and stumbled back and fell. Max and I erupted into laughter as Alisha sat on the ground scared and confused.

"WHO IS THAT?!" Alisha and Yvanna shouted in unison.

"I'm Max, I'm a friend of Brooke's, well more like her whole family." Max gestured to me. Alisha and Yvanna looked to me and I nodded to confirm that what Max was saying was true.

"Well, um... I'm Alisha."

" I'm Yvanna. " they greeted Max.

"Oh, I know who you guys are No need for introductions." Max smiled, Alisha furrowed her brow in confusion. "I've been with Brooke since she was born, so I know all of you pretty well. Brooke is like a little sister to me." I smiled and Alisha did as well. Max walked over to Eclipse and picked her up. Alisha looked amazed.

"What are you?" Alisha blurted out, not minding how her question sounded. 

"I'm a sort of manifestation of Brooke's mind. A shadow entity if you will." Max laughed as Eclipse attempted to lick his face, but only went through his face.

"Manifestation? Shadow entity?" Yvanna asked. 

Max nodded. "Since Brooke doesn't know what I look like, I come out as a blurry shadow like figure. I don't even remember what I look like." Max put Eclipse down and took a seat next to me, waking Carisma up.

"Oh, hey Max." Carisma greeted the shadow as she rolled over.

"Sup." Max greeted back.

"By the way, why were you chasing Yvanna?" I shifted my gaze to Alisha, who held Eclipse in her arms lovingly.

"She thought Eclipse was like that wolf we saw the other day." Alisha gestured to Eclipse, who meowed in a distorted manner.

"She's perfectly fine just don't let her bite you, she might take your finger off." I said to Yvanna who got a worried expression on her face." She has multiple rows of jagged teeth, but no unhinged jaw." Yvanna's expression softened.