Chapter 37

- Brooke's POV -

We made it to the edge of the woods and into my backyard. As we ran for the back door, it suddenly opened. " Thanks Max! " I shouted.

No problem.

My dad laid Alisha on the counter in the kitchen and stepped back to let me heal her. At this point Alisha had black gushing out her mouth and I used a towel to elevate her head. I allowed the blue light to envelop my hands and I placed them onto the deep gash on Alisha's neck. I closed my eyes and concentrated with all the power I had in me. I opened my eyes for a brief moment and saw that Alisha's, once brown eyes, had become pools of black. There was no trace of white or brown, just solid black. My heart ached with dread and I closed my eyes once more to continue to heal her. I began to feel dizzy, but stayed strong for Alisha.

You can do it Brooke.

Max's comment gave me some hope and after ten more minutes of healing, Alisha's distorted cries went back to their normal human sound. I opened my eyes again and found Alisha asleep. I looked down at her wound and there was a newly formed scar. I pulled my hands away and opened one of her eyes, hoping to see the beautiful brown color I remembered. It was pointless though as I only saw black. It seemed that some of the corruption had got to her, but I acted fast enough to still have the same old Alisha. I went to walk out of the kitchen, but collapsed. Yvanna helped me to my room upstairs and I laid in my bed, thanking the heavens that Alisha was okay.

You did good today Brooke. I'm proud of you.

" ... Thanks Max. " I said weakly as I stared up at my white ceiling. " I just hope Alisha is okay. I did the best I could, but... some of the corruption got to her... " I stated sadly.

You still kept her from falling under Zalgo's power and becoming a corrupted. Plus, I'm sure she'll be perfectly fine, just black eyes from what I can see.

" ... Yep, I hope she recovers well. " I rolled over onto my side to get comfortable.

Like I said Brooke, I'm sure she'll be perfectly fine. Not to mention she's like Eclipse now.

I laughed at the last thing Max said. " True. " I said as I continued to chuckle. My eyelids got heavy and I was almost ready to pass out till Max spoke up again.

Brooke, you have black blood staining your clothes. Go shower you nasty.

I looked down at myself and got out of bed as fast as I could. I got undressed and threw the dirty clothes to the side, then grabbed my towel to get a shower and wash the dry black blood out of my hair and off my ashen skin.

I stepped out of the shower and starred at myself in the mirror. I look and feel so much nicer when I'm not covered in corrupted and Alisha blood. Chuckling under my breath weakly, I walked out of the bathroom and got dressed in my black sweat pants and my old, food stained gray t - shirt. Alisha popped into mind and I stumbled out of my bedroom just in time to see Carisma shutting the door to Alisha's room. " I cleaned her up and changed her clothes. " Carisma stated as she adjusted the towel on her head. She must have just showered. " Thanks. " I thanked the curly haired girl. Carisma nodded in response and went into her bedroom. I quietly opened the door to Alisha's room and walked in. She laid asleep in her bed and I smiled to myself.

See, she's okay.

" Yeah, you were right. " I replied to Max as I exited Alisha's room.

Hey I'll be right back.

Max explained and I became a bit worried. " Where are you going? " I asked.

Just out. I'll be back in five minutes.

" Okay... " and with that I felt Max's presence leave me and I felt alone and strange. I haven't been without Max in almost six months. I've gotten use to always having Max with me that I'm not use to being alone anymore. I got into bed and stared at my ceiling.

Five long minutes went by and Max returned, I didn't bother asking what he was doing. " Hey. "

Hey Brooke, get some sleep.

" You don't have to tell me twice. " I rolled over and shut my eyes.

Goodnight.

" Goodnight Max. "

- Alisha's POV -

I was awoken by shuffling coming from next to my bed. It didn't alarm me too much, so I just rolled onto my side and continued to try and fall back asleep. A couple seconds went by and just before I was about to fall back asleep, I felt someones cold fingers brushed against my cheek and moved my hair out of the way. I opened my eyes and stared up at the person who had caressed my cheek.

With my window open, the moon illuminated my room and a cool breeze circulated, Jeff continued to caress my cheek. " Jeff...? " I lifted my hand up to my cheek and put my hand into Jeff's. I sat up in my bed and groaned from the pain coming from my neck.
" ... I'm sorry. " Jeff's deep, rough voice broke the tense silence. " For what? " I asked as I continued to stare up at the smiling man. " I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. " I looked past Jeff's looming figure and into the mirror on the wall behind him. My eyes are black. I pulled my hand out of Jeff's and covered my eyes as I began to quietly cry to myself. " Jeff bent down and slowly pulled my hands away from my eyes. " It's okay. I know. " Jeff starred into the black pools that were now my eyes. " ... How do you know? " I whispered. " A shadow came to me and told me. He said he knew you girls. " Jeff stated. I once again pulled my hands out Jeff's and covered my eyes to cry. " You're still beautiful Alisha. " Jeff pulled my hands away from me and brought them to his face. " ... I'm a monster. " I whimpered. Jeff let my hands go and cupped my face. He pulled me into a loving kiss and then caressed my cheek one last time before leaving through the window. I watched as he sprinted off to the woods, but before he completely went out of sight, he looked back at me and then continued to sprint. " Thanks Jeff. " I whispered to myself.